gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 30, 2024, 10:28:19 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Cache Failures today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cache Failures today  (Read 2983 times)

KM

Cache Failures today
« on: April 07, 2006, 09:41:45 pm »
Some of you might have noticed that 2 of the 4 peer caches are down today, no need to panic, just unrelated routine technical problems that happened to occur on the same day :-)

both servers should be back online by tomorrow (unless some more routing technical problems happen... lol)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
Re: Cache Failures today
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 09:57:46 pm »
its hard to miss when you get a txt msg saying cache failed and cache restored eveyr 5 seconds :P
- Josh

KM

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 03:50:27 am »
i hope you were at school in some important lesson when the second one went down and it started sending out that flood of messages to get something fixed before i ended up having to disable the text messages to shut my phone up:-P

rocks cache has come back online now btw, just the irish winmxgroup server that's still down atm - i did tell the server provider not to hurry with getting it back online but to instead have a detailed look and find the fault... i guess it was my fault for assuming that would only take an hour or so at the most!

KM

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 10:51:31 am »
btw, in case anyone was wondering - both servers came back online

my one that was down should have come back online 15 hours sooner than it did (still, 16 hours downtime isn't that bad) but there was a small typo made last month that caused a small breakdown in communications (the other mail server wasn't being used due to a small typo - so when that server went down i lost inbound email, resulting in them not being able to send me the correct passwords...)

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 02:07:38 pm »
Hehe - it's always the small details...
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

KM

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 09:15:42 am »
when things go wrong with computers, 99% of the time it can be traced back to a typo - or at least that's the case with me

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 09:49:38 am »
Hmmm, someone develop a spell-checker for programs please, KM is in desperate need of one :D
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Cache Failures today

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx