gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 04:27:47 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  RIAA ARE IN !!!! BEWARE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RIAA ARE IN !!!! BEWARE  (Read 1799 times)

winmxparson

RIAA ARE IN !!!! BEWARE
« on: April 01, 2006, 03:02:34 pm »
Hi guys & Gals,
 i have just been visited by those freaks at riaa, see the picture of my firewall log, they somehow got into me as a server near as i can tell and winmx loaded em, they then dissapeared, without upsetting winmx! i dont know how they did it, but the patch / fix needs fixing urgently to address this, they are quite clearly after us, i wouldnt mind but my material i have, i own the original to, and i am not in thier silly country anyway, they can go **** ********** - you can work those stars out for yourselves :-) any help with this problem would be appreciated...

Edit by admin: Removed screen shot of logs because it was causing scrolling and making the page impossible to read on most screens.

Offline tower

• Forum Member
Re: RIAA ARE IN !!!! BEWARE
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 03:31:44 pm »
Same here, I own all the Cd's who's files are on my Hard Drive.  As a Former full Time DJ and ex Radio Station controller I have purchased music on the various format types since the 50S and the days of 78 rpm records.

I have purchased most classics so many times over the decades the RIAA OWE me BIG TIME.   They can go stuff themself if they think for one moment I can not do with my collection in 2006 as I feel fit.   Very little of it is American in origin anyway and there present antics are just making the USA a laughing stock for the rest of the Word.

What happens to Royalties for Dead Artist's... Some of my files go back over 100 years to pre broadcast Radio music hall days.   They want to stop the World downloading....  well they may as well try stop the tide coming in... for they have about as much chance of that as stopping file share software like WinMX.

Keep up the good work gang, thanks to all the primary users on the network keeping us strong and varied and the best selection of oldies on the internet ever.   Make your own compilation Cd's NO ONE record label back catalogue fillers - just cross label, pure gold.
Kind regards,   Tom.

KM

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 04:04:22 pm »
I have removed the screen shot of the log (a screen shot of a log?!?!) because it was making the page impossible to read unless you have your screen resolution set really high

The block lists only block the connections to try and keep them clear enough of the network to let people connect, without the blocking they overrun the network and make it impossible to connect. It is not meant to be a guaranteed block of anything RIAA related, just keeps them causing major problems. The block lists are updated regularly but it can sometimes take a while for updates to occur (due to things like people sleeping for example :-))

They can't do anything to you anyway, it isn't for personal protection (as it doesn't do that at all... them connecting through you or not makes no difference to you), it is there to protect the network in general.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 05:07:26 pm »
The blocklist is updated as fast as the numbers are logged, and your so right about sleepin  :wink:

KM

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 05:11:06 pm »
and your so right about sleepin  :wink:

i keep telling you, no sleeping on the job... do i need to get the whip out again? :roll:

WOMBAT

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 08:09:24 pm »
OBVIOUSLY Your Paying Her Too Much Mone KM If She's Got Time To Sleep !!!

winmxparson

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 06:01:37 am »
Thanks for the feedback folks,
   i have added a rule, as you could see, to my firewall blocking anything from that address (range of all last digits, all ports, both ways, udp & tcp) which has currently blocked them, as far as i am aware, but having had stuff deleted and trojans planted on my machine by these loonies in the past, i dont want it happening again, and of course, one has to ask the all important question - what exactly are they doing? wieghing me up for shares? testing for holes in the network in order to destroy it! (most likely i think ) or what are they doing, either way i dont like the look of it, they dont pop in for tea and friendly chat, as you all know too well, i would be keeping an eye on your incoming connections too, if you look at my log, you will see the relevant addresses, trouble is, they have more available to them than this range of ip, so one wonders, why make themselves known? are they just showing off that they can get in any time? doubtful, we already know that, are they trying to scare us? (seems to be working for me  or are they really just stupid and thought we wouldnt notice them sniffing around?

As for their so called objectives, well, they really are stupid, talk about cutting your own throat, most people i know, me included, use winmx as a preview machine, we find stuff we know nothing about, download it and see if we like it, if its really good, we go out and buy the bees knees top quality version of it, be it a cd or dvd etc, if we dont like it, it goes in the bin  no money wasted on discs you dont like  however, if winmx and similar didnt exist, we would never have bought those discs! so who is losing out by killing of p2p? ok some people are happy enough with low quality mp3's and over compressed avi's and mpgs to watch, but this will always be a factor, and those people would never buy a cd if p2p didnt exist anyhow, so wake up stupid riaa, and then kindly clear off
~ WinmxParson (forgives all your p2p sins  - well, ok, most of em :-)

winmxparson

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 06:23:39 am »
on the subject of sharing, one wonders if perhaps riaa want to ake things further, and issue ear defenders and blindfolds to people, so if they come round your house, and you are playing music, or watching a film, they could be prevented from hearing it, as it would be classed as sharing!, and if those guys with furry dice and big stereo's in thier cars are playing music too loud with the window open, would the public on the street be prosecuted for hearing material they had not purchased! if your parents come to visit and see a disc they would like to hear and ask to borrow it, what are we to tell them? should we make a citizens arrest if mother tries to take it home for dad to listen to? what do these people want? people turning on thier friends and family because some fat cat company wants to make even more profit! i dont think the general public will ever let them get away with it, and frankly i am surprised they have gotten away with what they have, since when is it right that a private run business starts making laws? what if macdonalds starting pressing thier contries government to ban all other burger chains and outlets? and make it illegal to get fast food from anywhere else, and you couldnt share your fries? it is just as stupid a concept, isnt it! , well stuff em i say, and i dont like macdonalds anyhow :)
~ WinmxParson (forgives all your p2p sins  - well, ok, most of em :-)

Offline tower

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 01:20:37 pm »
The big problem is that song writers only make money from payments made by people using there song, either by broadcasting it, or recording it.   If say I wrote the best song in the World EVER but for reasons of my own decided that I would never record it myself or perform it, but simply let, say a leading singer do that on my behalf, then how do I make money from my product... the song that is..?

So the leading singer pays me back through royalties on the recordings sales, but no one buys the CD as they all download it for free?

That is not the same as a fast food chain selling fries which you then share...  The fast food chain have there money, or profit and what you do then with the meal is up to you.

There does have to be some common sense, right now the RIAA are not showing any and do not seem willing to meet file sharers like me even half way, so they reap what they sow...  Then there is is the big issue of how long should a bricklayer for example be paid every time someone leans up against the wall he built...  When he has died, should people still pay royalties...  good question.   Where does all the cash go to anyway, I am sure the little artiste sees next to nothing from the RIAA!

Sadly the leeches of this world, and you know who you are bugger things up for the rest of the file share community who only download samples or replacement copies of work they have already purchased and lost/destroyed over the years.
Kind regards,   Tom.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  RIAA ARE IN !!!! BEWARE

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx