gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 30, 2024, 10:42:08 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  can someone help please?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: can someone help please?  (Read 1788 times)

JustMe234

can someone help please?
« on: March 30, 2006, 07:17:32 pm »
Hiya
Im using WINMX v3.54 BETA 4 and using a mxpie patch 2.9 i think, not long been reconnected to winmx.
Just asking for some advice please  :)
I just wanna make sure i have it set up propallly if not then can ya put me in right direction of doing so .
Im mainly using secondary i have my ports set to:
Incoming tcp connections 16699
UDP packets 16257
When using them i can get onto primary aswell.
I did try the peer guardian but had problems with it it blocked alot, for instance had lil problem not long ago and i couldnt get on the net at all but when unistalled that i could.
Im not really clued up on all this and was just wondering if someone can let me know if this is ok, cos concerned it aint all set up right.
I also would like help with settings on bandwidth and that if poss cos when 1 or more member trys to upload from me they time out but 1 is always ok uploading.
I have 1mg broadband if helps :)
Just wanna make sure im safe as can be.
Thankyou help be so much appreciated

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
Re: can someone help please?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 07:33:52 pm »
Hey Justme

If you pay a visit to our friends at http://www.blocktards.com/p2p.html you can DL and run PG lite, it uses much less system resources than PG2 and uses the Winmxworld blocklist, ideal for Winmx!

Posat back and let us know how you get on!  :D

JustMe234

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 07:48:49 pm »
ok ty ill try that :) is my ports n that ok?
sorry i is a lass and ya know what we is like we worry to much haha
Thanks again for help :)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 08:37:27 pm »
Those ports are probably fine,  I see your ISP is ntl, which is not to my knowledge blocking or filtering ports. 

Nobby is right you really must use the pg2 or pglite with the block lists, this will stablize your connection and keep the RIAA from using your bandwidth to flood the network anytime your on primary.

About your settings, these are going to be different when on primary verses secondary, however a general good setting for you may be these:

WinMx Settings >
WinMx Peer Network > 'Allocated Bandwidth' - Set this to 9 KB/s Out and 13.5 KB/s IN, then set the 'Thread Duty Cycle' to 40%.
Search > 'Auto Enter Que' - Set this to 100, 'Auto Find Sources' - Set this to 10min
File Transfers > Make sure these settings are at the max, which is generally '60, 600, 300 on all of the rest, especially the last four timed options.
Queuing > Max Uploads - Set this to 3
WinMx Bandwidth Throttle - Visit our interactive site with everything closed and test what it should be, It will then give you direction for changes needed.
Click Here for Bandwidth testing

These settings are going to be ideal for you on primary, on secondary you may wish to change the Max Uploads and Bandwidth Throttle settings, but usually your going to be about right either way with the above.

JustMe234

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 11:34:31 pm »
wow u knew i was ntl lol, anyway ive installed pglite i used that cos i know would prob mess peer guardian up again n found  pglite was simpilar as its all done for you .
Ive just set mi settings all to them too.
so cross fingers see how goes
Thankyouuuuuu so much for your help nobby n me here x :)

JustMe234

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 11:35:47 pm »
erm another thing i can see my ip showing next to posts  is that viewed by all?????????????????????

JustMe234

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 11:43:19 pm »
erm soz just hovered over it miself and found answer lol
Thanks again for help

JustMe234

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 10:55:49 am »
over night left it all running and everything seems ok, the only real thing im gonna ask is my max uploads 3 when uploading they al is the same.
For e.g 3 at mo all uploading exactly same speed 1.99k/s is that about right?
cos b4 hand b4 changed settings they were all differant up and down

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 11:06:17 am »
1.99 seems a bit low to me, however the fact that they are all uploading at about the same speeds indicates that you have set your threshold at or below the best settings.. allowing an even flow to each uploader.  You may want to play with your Outgoing Bandwidth Throttle limit amout, I assume our test page has asked you to set it at about 6000 and that does seem awefully low to me.

What you want is the most amount in that box 'Outgoing Bandwidth Limit' and still get a nice even flow on all uploads... have a play with raising it by 1000 per time.. remember you dont have to restart WinMx for those settings to take effect, just close the settings box..

Let me know how this turns out for ya..

JustMe234

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 09:13:53 pm »
i know what did wrong didnt relise had something runnin when did the bandwidth test i now have it set to 20000 gonna see how goes :)
thanks again for help.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  can someone help please?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx