gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 01, 2024, 09:41:30 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Has anyone else been having Low Primary count?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Has anyone else been having Low Primary count?  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
Has anyone else been having Low Primary count?
« on: March 07, 2006, 10:51:23 pm »
For the past few days I have had a hard time getting primarys. And when I do i get around 3-4 then it jumps up to 6 the back to 3 and around that. Same if i set it up to 15 in the settings. Has anyone else been having these problems or simalar?
- Josh

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Has anyone else been having Low Primary count?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 11:19:46 pm »
I have been watching the primary situation Josh especially as Nobby was worried about it but so far I have only seen the effects of UDP flooding that bombard a primary with so much traffic it has no chance to send out the connection ping required to keep the connection to other primaries alive, you can see this clearly on Peer Guardian if you install it .

The room count has edged up a little and we are still seeing at least 50% of the primaries are based in the Asian region, so nothing new there in fact, anyway we are keeping an eye on this so just relax and as others have said if DSL/Cable users can be primary is a good idea to be one as it helps the network in general and spreads the load amongst us all, making for  better network performance.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 07:21:16 am »
During the early part of this year Primary numbers did noticably drop to a low, since this time, they have climbing back up to their normal average range, this was most likely a seasonal fluctuation, but it never hurts to give users a reminder that if they can run a good clean primary they should.

bughunter

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 09:57:05 pm »
As quicks has rightly pointed out the primary situation has nothing to do with numbers, but with a reasonably new tactic by riaa of flooding up what primaries are around......this has a dual effect of preventing legitimate secondaries from connecting to the network and of course primaries from supporting the network.....since nobbys statement is based on a comment from sabre, which is laughable as sabre wouldnt have the faintest idea on the numbers, since his cache isnt queried by pie2.9 users and is only there for users who havent upgraded which wouldnt be big numbers and km,s dll users only query sabres cache as a last resort .......since km operates the biggest slice of the wpn he would have the best idea and since hes not jumping up and down over primary numbers i would take any statements coming from pie as the joke that they are .........bottom line pie caused the riaa issue that has now befallen us.......for four months they lied denied and decieved......then only under sevre pressure they relented and started advising users to block.....what they didnt tell pie users that all they did by installing there patch is have there ip address handed over to riaa for futher action.......
and yes nobby i dont like you or any of the other virus spreaders known as pie......and i will not rest till the virus known as pie and those that spread it have been held accountable........one way or the other..........

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 07:19:11 am »
With all due respect to this forum Bug, go fuck yourself, you know nothing and are a proven Liar.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 08:12:59 am »
Please people, name calling either way is counterproductive, this applies equally to both of you, cant past disputes be laid aside?  Blocking is now being encouraged by everyone who counts, let's all just move forward encouraging people to come back or take up using WinMX as new users...
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 11:12:12 am »
I totally agree Bearded, but everynow and again Bug seems to have the need to reignite the fire, i dont know why he does it, frankly im surprised you guys even allow him here, at least the vast percentage of my posts here are productive and on the winmx topic. Things between the two camps seem to have chilled down very nicely, and i for one am pleased about this, its nice to see although not a united front, certainly not the very public and unpleasant division seen by Winmx users in the past, this can only be good news as far as im concerned, and i resent the efforts of one individual to reignite a negative public exchange, there is simply just no need for it, it will benifit nobody.

KM

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 05:52:24 pm »
the number of primaries connecting to you does not reflect at all the number of primaries on the network, and when dealing with primary connections secondaries can be considered separate (as they have no effect on primaries connecting to each other) - if you had a network with 50 primary users in total then each would still connect to the same number of primaries as a network with 50 million primary users in total, because there are more primary users out there making connections, however there also exactly the same number of additional primaries to receive those connections, so any expansion like that completely neutralises itself

the only difference with more primaries is that of course the network is spread out and it takes a lot more hops across the network for data to reach the destination and as searches have a pretty much fixed coverage area the %age of the network that coverage area includes goes down (that's why search results are largely unaffected by network size, you still only search the same sized "section" of it) - which is of course the reason that too many primary and not enough secondary users can cause a problem, as it would mean less secondary users within that search area so poorer search results... and of course too many secondary users and not enough primary users has the obvious problem of problems connecting (such as the first few days before most primaries started using my patch and blocking the secondaries from the flooders)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 07:53:47 pm »
Well this is getting annoying, my primarys keep jumping around from 2 to 5 to 7 to 3 to 4 to 2 and all over again. I never just get a steady 7 or 8 anymore. So i dont get a decent channel list.
- Josh

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 06:16:41 am »
Well this is getting annoying, my primarys keep jumping around from 2 to 5 to 7 to 3 to 4 to 2 and all over again. I never just get a steady 7 or 8 anymore. So i dont get a decent channel list.

Thats most odd, all seems stable and well here, both my primary PC's have been performing normally, are you running anything else Josh that could be causing a little conflict?

KM

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 10:09:36 am »
best idea for him would be to stop running all those bandwidth heavy programs that his connection simply can't handle, you only need to ping him to see his connection is not able to handle what he is trying to do on it... (unless of course you consider a fluctuation of between 150ms and 400ms to be normal in which case you shouldn't really be trying to run anything on it) - winmx does not like really laggy connections on primary and it will cause problems - mainly because it will keep sending data to winsock at the same rate even if winsock is unable to deliver it that quickly

Offline vince

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 08:30:14 pm »
yes my primaries have been very low around 1-2 when i was getting 5-8 yesterday

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Has anyone else been having Low Primary count?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx