gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 01, 2024, 05:31:33 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Primary in dsl 502T
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Primary in dsl 502T  (Read 3430 times)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Primary in dsl 502T
« on: April 18, 2006, 01:20:52 pm »
I want to connect as a primary user. I can connect too. But I can't download anything. All uploads time out. I read here about port forwarding. I went to portforwarding .com but could not understand the last part of it. I want to have the TCP and UDP connections in port 65530-5. There are three fields there. 'Port start', 'port end' and 'port map'. I can't make out where to put what. I don't know what 'port map' means. I presume start and end tell me to specify the range of ports i want the router toopen. correct me if  wrong please. Please help as soon as possible.
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

KM

Re: Primary in dsl 502T
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 05:34:44 pm »
port start, port end and port map should all be the same value (ie. the port you are forwarding)

i assume you were using http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DSL-502T/WinMX.htm

took me a second to figure it out, but then i noticed - you're meant to put the settings in to the tutorial as you do it and it tells you what to put in at the bottom :-)

Not solved

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 11:06:36 am »
In that page you mentioned, if you'll see in one of the images, you see a feild called 'Private IP'  I don't have that. But i do have it on the main page where you have the button list where you select from" Games,VPNAudio/Video.. etc" There it is 192.168.1.2

One more thing. I have norton 2006. In the Options>Internet worm Protection>General rules, I set up four conditions. for TCP 6699 And UDP 6257 for local and remote. In th Router, i went as per the instructions. I have two rules for TCP 6699 and UDP 6257. But I still have 0 secondary. I have 4 primary but it fluctuates between 3-5 many times. The SPM is about 5000 to sometimes 11000. But one thing I noticed is that since I did all this, the green light in comes much faster.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 11:08:42 am »
Sorry I forgot to log on there It's me only
Patch link :

KM

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 04:17:14 pm »
private IP would be where to forward to - your computers LAN IP Address

go to start > run, type "cmd" then in the command prompt that opens type "ipconfig" and you should get IP Address: 192.168.x.x that's the private IP to use :-)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 05:50:34 am »
Aw thanks man. I managed to get 1 secondary connection finally. It feels great. Even i like to do my bit for winmx. I can't keep it for long though. I costs money here you know.  A lot of it. Anyway I think that it just needed a bit of time for the secondaries. I got a download on the first secondary connection

I have some questions though. Now that I am primary and I am in India, do secondary uses from anywhere in the globe get connected through me or only users from Asia or India?

Also I would like to know the statistics about the connections from India. (I'd be suprised if it was more than 1% of the total strength) How many primaries and\or secondaries are there. I tell my frieds to connect to winmx but the don't do so because they don't find their songs. Mostly Hindi Songs you know. Because of that there are no users with songs and hence no users to download them. Hence no one connects to Winmx.  A chiken or egg first game I must say.

Could you also tell me a good link where I can tell them to go and see the wonders of winmx.

Thanks for all the help and please keep up the good work and do tell me what I can do for it so that I can do my bit for the WORLD OF WINMX.
10 secondaries already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patch link :

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 10:13:33 am »
Reading through the different threads of winmxworlds forum will teach you a lot of what you may want to know about WinMx.

As for Hindi Songs, maybe you and a group of your friends could set up your own chat room to try and attract some likeminded Hindi fans.. it's a great way to swap tunes and keep up with your buddies, and you'll be doing your bit to keep winmx strong.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/winmx_hosting.html

PEBKAC - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 06:25:08 pm »
I have some questions though. Now that I am primary and I am in India, do secondary uses from anywhere in the globe get connected through me or only users from Asia or India?

You get connected to people from all over the world, no matter what cache you use or where in the world you are.

KM

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 05:11:34 pm »
your IP Address starts with 59, which is within the asian region, therefore the winmxgroup cache will only send secondary users to you who are also within the asian region - I'm unaware if there is any regionalisation on the non-winmxgroup caches...

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 11:55:35 pm »
your IP Address starts with 59, which is within the asian region, therefore the winmxgroup cache will only send secondary users to you who are also within the asian region - I'm unaware if there is any regionalisation on the non-winmxgroup caches...

Oh, I never knew that  :P

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Primary in dsl 502T

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx