gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 02, 2024, 02:20:52 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  keep disconnect after about 15 minutes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: keep disconnect after about 15 minutes  (Read 1026 times)

nancey

keep disconnect after about 15 minutes
« on: May 08, 2006, 04:15:51 am »
i can connect for about 15 to 30 minutes then i disconnnect and reconnect again ( i fall from chat room and lose all up and down loads)

this has been happing for a month or so

i have uninstall reinstalled
tried every pie patch; this happen before last year before mx went down

anyone else have this happen and found a solution?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: keep disconnect after about 15 minutes
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 05:46:39 am »
Hi Nancey,

There can be many reasons for this to happen.  I will go through the ones i think are relevant

One is a file that is incomplete that is actually a fake file, the most popular ones are usually video files and they can find so many sources they cause your WinMx to disconnect and sometimes even error and close down.  Be sure non of your incomplete files gain many many sources quickly as you start up.  Sometimes its in the hundreds of sources.  Since you have had this problem quite awhile I dont think this is whats happening but its possible and something to be aware of.  Be sure to use the filter for fakes as described here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/filtering_fakes.html

Another cause could be your ISP or a router setting that causes you to disconnect.  Its more common with DSL, but if you have a router you may want to look at the user manual for trouble shooting and see if there are any suggestions there.
You may want to call you ISP and make sure there is nothing that could be causing you to disconnect such as limits in effect on your bandwidth.

Sounds like your more then likely a secondary connection at this time to WinMx.  If so you may want to make the necessary changes to become primary if possible.  You will experience a lot less disconnections from the network in primary mode.  Because of so many primary  users on this network using a pie patch or hosts file fix without blocking the flooding file IP numbers this causes instability in connections, and if your primary gets DOS'ed by searches for fake files then you will disconnect also.  You dont have alot of control over this but its a good idea for you to use a primary connection if you can.

If your on the pie patch I suggest that you change patches to the www.winmxgroup.com/ patch first so that you dont have to run third party software to block the RIAA and keep them from DOS attacking you this way when your in primary mode.

There may be other things and settings you would need to become primary and if you fill us in on your system set up and router, firewall and anti virus we can help you further to do that.

Hope some of this is helpful to you and if you need any further help just let us know..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  keep disconnect after about 15 minutes

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx