gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 05, 2024, 05:40:16 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Can't Search
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't Search  (Read 1249 times)

eisbaer

Can't Search
« on: July 09, 2006, 04:01:57 am »
Please help... im at witts end... I am still a newbie at WinMX...

I want to establish a Primary Connection... and have made allowances in PCillin Firewall and my router D-Link 502T... but cannot do searches... I am able to connect... but thats about it... P=4 S=11 spm=7435 (but this changes all the time)...

I am able to do Secondary seaches and downloads freely... but after a couple of hours... I think waiting for downloads drop out...

I am pretty new to this... am i doing something wrong?

Using latest version and pie patch

Please help someone...

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: Can't Search
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 04:57:35 am »
Hi Eisbaer,,
Welcome to the site..

Your numbers would appear that you actually do have things set up pretty well for TCP but you may want to make sure your UDP is set up serperately in the router as well. 

I would venture to say tho that approx. 9 of those S=11 are RIAA / Macrovision connected to you as secondary using you to flood the network.. this eats your bandwidth and causes major problems with connection to other peers..

I recommend you do this first Switch to this patch:

https://www.winmxgroup.com/downloads.html   <==Click here
Download the Various WinMX Versions + Patch
Run this installer with WinMX closed
Then see if you dont have more stable connections for searches..

This patch does several things,
1, Keeps the RIAA/Macrovision from connecting to you as Secondary and using you to upload fakes (You will notice less S= but they weill be real users)
2, Filters fakes from your searches (You will also notice many less files in some searches, but again these will be real users)
3. Doesn't need updating for any IP Cache number changes

Once you have this installed you can do a sample search for keyword 'eagle'  'Any File/ Any Bitrate'  and you should see results...

If you have any troubles feel free to post here or to come by our help room at

WinMxWorld.com Help_E3D7EFD50D3D    - Copy and Paste that into your Filter bar, after clicking the chat button on WinMX and then choose Join to the far right. We can help test your uploads, downloads there....

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Can't Search

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx