gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 05, 2024, 10:52:15 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  0 secondaries, uploads/downloads/searches seem fine
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 0 secondaries, uploads/downloads/searches seem fine  (Read 2788 times)

Prince Far I

0 secondaries, uploads/downloads/searches seem fine
« on: July 11, 2006, 12:51:27 am »
I recently changed my port routing numbers, and now I get no secondary connections.  My uploads, downloads, and searches seem unaffected.  Is this something I should be concerned about?

KM

Re: 0 secondaries, uploads/downloads/searches seem fine
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 01:35:22 am »
if you have a router then as long as the new ports are forwarded it should be fine

if uploads are working then that would tell you that TCP is set up correctly, if you can load the channel list and do searches etc on primary then it means UDP is set correctly

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 05:43:00 am »
It can tak some time for secondary users to get connected to you. Sometimes about 15 - 30 mins (at the most) But if your ports are forwarded the all is well. Give it some time.
Cheers :)
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Prince Far I

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 05:54:02 am »
Thank you KM and samseesam for your replies.  They were a comfort while I was feeling unsure of things.  Dispite what was said (and my own personal experience) it took about 2 and a half hours for secondary users to connect to me, rather than 30 minutes.  Strange, but all's well that ends well.  Quite a relief as the main reason I set myself up as a primary user was to help other winmx users connect.(I depended on those with primary connections when I was on dial-up too much to not feel grateful)

KM

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 06:23:00 am »
actually contrary to what certain other sites have claimed, there aren't that many secondary users - the only time you'll ever find winmx full of secondaries is when you aren't blocking, and those aren't users connected to you they are macrovision flooders

the average patched primary has 4 times the number of free slots that an unpatched primary, to give you some idea of just how many flooders are out there... (and most of those slots on unpatched primaries are from the small number of them using something like peer guardian to keep the worst of them away)

as long as TCP and UDP are set up correctly and you're running on primary you are making your system available to secondaries in the event that it is needed, although if it isn't needed then there's no great loss - better to have slots not being used than for there to not be any slots when they are needed...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  0 secondaries, uploads/downloads/searches seem fine

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx