gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 12:31:11 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Re: Choosing Connection Type (Primary v Secondary)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Re: Choosing Connection Type (Primary v Secondary)  (Read 1394 times)

munozens

Re: Choosing Connection Type (Primary v Secondary)
« on: July 11, 2006, 03:26:20 pm »
I cant connect on the secondary option. I tried the primary and a message pops up and says I have no TCP port and should seek help online. Can you please help.?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: Choosing Connection Type (Primary v Secondary)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 03:49:28 pm »
Yes we can help you..

You say you cant connect as secondary.. do you also get an error message with that ?

As for the Primary connection it requires lots of users to make configurations to the firewalls, any router or even some dsl modems, and then to make sure WinMX ports match those set up.

If you have a router or a dsl modem that might have the same capabilities check here for your name and model number
http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm - Folow that then select WinMX from the list of Applications, its all set up pretty well to guide you.

For firewall issues there are many available and for most its simply allowing WinMX through, and permiting it access.  This may also be needed for some Antivirus protections.  Here are some firewalls including the XP ones (which require ports to be set in)

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html

Once these are set up you should be able to make either a more stable secondary connection and/or a pirmary one..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Re: Choosing Connection Type (Primary v Secondary)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx