gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 08:18:35 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  About 3.0 patch
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: About 3.0 patch  (Read 2698 times)

master

About 3.0 patch
« on: June 13, 2006, 12:14:50 pm »
ais i looked on the top do i have to get the verson 3.0 patch?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: About 3.0 patch
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 04:00:49 pm »
If your WinMX states there is an Update available for 3.0 then yes please upgrade to this new version.  Its easy enough

Click either the link on WinMX in that update bar or go to www.winmxgroup.com/  and update now

For anyone that has WinMx already you can click the download link to get an Installer with Patch only.
Remember that you need to close winmx to update the patch,

If you would like to know more about why you should update read the front page at: www.winmxworld.com/

Happy fake fileless searching !!

Marty

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 07:20:54 pm »
It seems that I am not the only one having problems connecting to WINMX. I have visited so many of these help sites and tried downloading so many patches that I'm getting paranoid, thinking I'm getting some kind of runaround. Was even told to go to chat room, How the hell can I go to the chat room if I can't even connect? Have tried everything possible for 3 weeks. Can anybody help me or did somebody shit in the woodpile!! Please get me downloading with WINMX again, a frustrated MMKOOL (:>(

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 07:54:27 pm »
Marty, they aren't being smart with you, we believe the 3.0 patch from www.winmxgroup.com to be the best solution currently possible, & with winmx 3.53 or later it IS possible to enter a chatroom without winmx connecting by typing the full name next to where it says "filter" & hitting the button labelled "join" try it with   WinMxWorld.com Help_E3D7EFD50D3D   if you want to check :lol: if you still havn't got sorted out someone will help you do so.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

DOCTOR

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 06:46:57 am »
This patch is not working for me.
OLD: WinMX 354b4+2.9patch
NOW: WinMX 354b4 + 3.0 Patch - Cant connect 2nd at all, slow browse on Primary when I can get connected. Cant Que , Ghosted nick on leaving rooms...
What the hell have u guys done !
 :(

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 07:03:39 am »
Try reinstalling

DOCTOR

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 12:33:29 am »
Managed to get on 2ndary after several attempts, connected 17hrs so far, far from impressed tho, lots of Browse Timeouts and awful slow channel list loading.

Marty

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 01:10:08 am »
bearded blunder, Still at it most of the afternoon. 3.00 am where you are. Spent a couple years near Swindon.   What name do I type to join the chat room? What does Help_E3D7EFD50D3D refer to? Tried everything, uninstalled & reinstalled numerous times while trying the patch every way I can thimk of Thought I'd try the chat thing. Still frustrated :x

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 01:23:37 am »
WinMxWorld.com Help_E3D7EFD50D3D
Is the name of our winmx help chatroom currently I can't quite think what the particular issue might be, what version of windows are you running? have you tried installing fresh after uninstalling and rebooting your pc?

Marty

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 06:55:48 pm »
bearded blunder,hey man I got it!!!!!! Don't know exactly what all I went Through but something worked. Went to my ISP and configured and configured TCP settings, still nothing. Went to WINMX and reconfigured settings. Wallah, downloading!!!! Thanks for the suggestions and advice you afforded me. Stay in touch, mmkool798. Good luck and God Bless,  Marty :wink: :lol: :D

Slickone

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 03:55:08 am »
I've tried installing both the latest patch and the cleint w/ the patch, but WinMX is still telling me to update to 3.0.  Why?  Never had this problem before.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 05:01:42 am »
did you see a splash screen when winmx started? is there a file oledlg.dll in your winmx program folder?
if the answer to both of these is yes, thenthe patch is installed & the update bar will probably sort itself out

Slickone

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 12:05:57 am »
Yes to both.  The splash screen started appearing after this install.

Also I noticed my start menu short cut quit working after this install since they changed the shortcut name from WinMX to Start WinMX.  Or maybe that happened before and I changed it back.  :)

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 08:37:34 am »
i had the same thing happening for a few days at first ....i checked all the chat clients i have and found an older version of the dll file in there. replaced it with newest dll and everything worked fine.It might work for you also. :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  About 3.0 patch

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx