gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 04:28:54 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Still not connecting
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Still not connecting  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Clearisa

• Forum Member
Still not connecting
« on: August 20, 2006, 04:03:29 pm »
Hello,
     After a month or two of dealing with a bad hard drive, I'm back onto the quest to get winmx again.   I tried "still not connected" post of Nov. 8-05, no luck.   I am at this point directly connected to my dsl modem, an actiontec from qwest.  I had minmx briefly when I first started dsl. then when a router/hub was added, winmx stopped connecting.  I am now alone connected to the modem, and still notta on winmx.  I do not have norton I have McAfee security.  Winmx is enable, windows firewall is off.  I would love to have winmx back.  I still can't get to the chat room either.   Any help is appreciated.                  Clearisa

KM

Re: Still not connecting
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 05:43:19 pm »
go to www.winmxgroup.com and make sure you have installed the patch from there (it will also reinstall winmx if required), if it still doesn't connect then remove winmx completely and reinstall winmx with the patch (same place) to clear out any settings that might be causing a problem

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 05:56:40 pm »
Your modem seems to have NAT (Network Address Translation) and Firewall capabilities, meaning it will need configuring like a router.

Have a look at this page and try finding your modem.
There seem to be manuals about configuring available, just try finding your model.

What model do you have?
If you can't get it to work let us know and someone will try to walk you through it.

Good Luck!
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline Clearisa

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 10:21:16 pm »
Well now I can connect, however no one can download from me and I can't seem to download from anyone.  Any suggestions.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 04:39:22 am »
You need to forward ports in your NAT modem. you need a TCP one for incoming connections, including downloads and search results, and a UDP one for outgoing connections like secondaries connecting to you and uploads. Go to www.portforward.com  and see your modem model. If it is there, a tutorial on how to forward ports in winmx will be given there.

But I think Nylly's site is better as far as modem are concerned. Please see this site and see if your modem is listed there :
http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/modems/index.html

Try both sites and tell what happened

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Clearisa

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 02:36:06 pm »
Hey there,
       Thanks for the help, but the ports have been forwarded to the correct range.  I doubled checked just to be sure.  I also went to the sites to make sure I hadn't missed something.   Yet for some reason uploads and downloads are being timed out.   I do feel hopefu,l at least it's still connecting.   Any other ideas?  Thanks again, Clearisa

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 04:41:45 pm »
Please also check if the ports you have forwarded are the same as the ones as are threr in:

Winmx>settings>UDP...
and Winmx>Settings>TCP.....

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Clearisa

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 03:59:09 pm »
Hello'
     Yes, the ports are the same. The good news is I can finally get to the chat room.  Though still can't up or download, everything is timed out.         Thanks, Clearisa.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 06:31:09 pm »
You probably have an active firewall, many firewalls require you to open ports in addition to allowing the program, if the program needs them open, some require you to give a program "server rights", you will need to investigate the instructions for your specific one if you wish to use a primary connection (this assumes your port forwarding is correct)
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 03:56:09 am »
Using port 6699 and 6257 can cause problems as some ISPs block them. You should use another port, I prefer a random port number between 50000-65535. Which one you use doesn't matter, the more random ports we use, the better it is.
If you really can't figure out how to fix your router/firewall, you can always do it the lazy way:

Go to Settings, then select "Incoming TCP Connections" from the list and set it to "Unable to accept incoming TCP connections"
Then select "In/Out UDP packets" and do the same for that one.

But remember that this won't always give you as good download speeds, because with these settings, you can only download from others with the ports set up correctly, and not from other users using the same settings as you. You should only use this method if you just can't get the ports working no matter what you try.
Happy WinMXing  :)

- Neutron

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Still not connecting

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx