gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 08:26:06 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  bandwidth problems
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bandwidth problems  (Read 2769 times)

Tsatthoggua

bandwidth problems
« on: June 27, 2006, 09:13:33 pm »
hey all, i got winmx running since my last post but seem to be having bandwidth problems with winmx 3.54.  when winmx is started bandwidth is fine but then plummets to .55any help would be greatly appreciated  thanks

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: bandwidth problems
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 07:57:42 am »
Tsatthoggua,

By bandwidth could you explain what you mean a bit more, uploads, downloads, etc...

Do you run primary or secondary?
Which patch do you have installed?

Tsatthoggua

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 03:50:01 pm »
yes  u/l and d/l speed. i run as a primary connection. winmx 3.54beta 4 from winmxgroup. windows xp with cable modem

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 08:14:47 pm »
Hmmm. So i am presuming that it is a problem with  your uploads and downloads... 0.55kbps is too less for any primary, leave aside downloads, i yhink the lowest you can go on primary is 7kbps ul and dl
It could be an issue with your ISP.
Try a secondary connection and tell if you get the same results....

Cheers :)
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

michaelb6786

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 07:00:11 pm »
I have the same issues.  Currently, I am running WinMx v3.54 Beta 4 with the Winmxworld 3.0 patch, Windows XP SP2, a 5mb/512kb cable connection, and a linksys wireless router (which I connect to via ethernet).  My ISP is Charter Communications.  My mapped ports are UDP:16257  TCP:16699 and I currently do not limit bandwidth for uploads/downloads.  I usually run as secondary, but sometimes run primary as well, with the same results.  10kps is usually the max I can get, but average is less than 1, with quite frequent time-outs.  I think my ISP is blocking P2P (if I am running PG2 and check my email .... PG2 blocks it ... comes up as Savvis) but nobody will own up to it.  Any suggestions? An alternative ISP is not an option.  Also, I get same results with direct connect to the cable modem, so the router is not the problem.  Winmx is allowed full access in my firewall as well.

MichaelB

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 07:20:33 pm »
Charter have been reported to throttle in some areas, you *may* have better luck with some of the ports suggested in the winmx friendly ports thread.. or going way high (60,000 to 65,535 range), ultimately the answer would be a change of provider... which you say you can't do..

As to pg2 blocking your email, this is simply a case of pg2 blocking legitimate ip addresses (which it does, many thousands of them.. the pg default lists are compiled & maintained by idiots), you could make your own allow list if you want & add it, so your email wasn't blocked, however, with the winmxgroup patch, there is no need to be using pg2 anyway.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  bandwidth problems

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx