gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 02:19:34 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  winmx hogging bandwidth
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: winmx hogging bandwidth  (Read 2753 times)

cheapthrillz

winmx hogging bandwidth
« on: August 30, 2006, 05:18:59 am »
I've been using winmx for years and not had this problem before.  I'm using winxp sp2, a 1,500/256k ADSL connection with a Billion 7404vgp adsl/voip/router & WinMX 3.54b4 + Patch.  What I'm noticing is that whenever winmx is connected (secondary) all other internet traffic suffers, email, web pages etc.  I have tried back throttling winmx with no effect on the other programs, browsers etc.

I suspect it is a problem with the router because it I have recently upgraded to the current model.  I can't get an answer at the bIlion forum so I am tring here.  Any clues anyone?

KM

Re: winmx hogging bandwidth
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 06:13:55 am »
have you tried stopping all uploads temporarily to see if that helps? if it stops doing it then it would indicate an upload speed issue (on 256k bandwidth throttle should be about 25,000 ish depending on your specific connection)

cheapthrillz

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 06:24:47 am »
Thanx for the reply KM,  I have played with the throttling of both uploads and downloads and it doesn't seem to help.  I just reduced the upload to 10,000 just to see and google earth is as slow as..  As soon as I shut down winmx everything zips along fine again.

KM

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 06:31:25 am »
is the upload throttle enabled?

cheapthrillz

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 06:51:14 am »
yes, it's enabled.  I'm now just toggling the upload throttle between 10k & 15k and noticeing it impacts a lot on my downloads.  I currently have 3 downloads which peak at about 25k when uploads are throttled to 10k and reduce to about 10k when uploads are throttled at 15k.  I've not noticed the effect on downloads like this before I don't think.

KM

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 07:51:17 am »
that would normally indicate your connection not having that much upload bandwidth, but 256k should be able to upload faster than that

close winmx and try here and see what it says...

cheapthrillz

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 08:53:41 am »
It suggests I set my "optimum upload throttle setting should be around 9000"

KM

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 09:00:08 am »
do you have anything else running on your connection?

try closing everything and go to http://www.dslreports.com/stest and doing a speed test (just in case the test on here is slightly out)... but it would sound like you're not getting 256k up if throttling to 15k/s is too fast and overloads the connection

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  winmx hogging bandwidth

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx