gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 08, 2024, 02:56:39 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Peer Guardian + Winmxgroup servers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Peer Guardian + Winmxgroup servers  (Read 4116 times)

Fun Guest

Peer Guardian + Winmxgroup servers
« on: September 17, 2006, 07:15:07 pm »
Hello,

I was trying to connect to winmx today and peerguardian kept blocking:

Range:                                                        Source:                            Destination:
orion.untracedserver.com-DDoS/ap2p              192.168.2.xxx:16447        207.210.117.60:7941
hydra.unbtracedserver.com-DDoS/ap2p           192.168.2.xxx:16447         72.232.140.18:7940

I googled the IPs and they're on on the winmxgroup.com site's Cache Status page.
This is just informational. I don't need help removing them from peerguardian.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: Peer Guardian + Winmxgroup servers
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 07:28:55 pm »
lol
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 07:33:14 pm »
Yep, seems ALL the peer caches, not just ours, are on the bluetak lists now...

Anyone having problems should allow these IP's in PG2 or add our AllowList.
Instructions on how to do that can be found here
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

KM

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 01:42:31 am »
this is apparently a deliberate act against winmx users, they have added all of the peer caches (this s nothing specific to winmxgroup, sabre has also been blocked by them - in fact he got a duplicate listing, you could say he's double blocked...)

of course as always the same advise is to remove peer guardian, it is a waste of time and does nothing but block legitimate users, all required blocking is done by the winmxgroup patch anyway, and as these blocks show, blocking more and more legitimate users and having to manually allow every single connection is not exactly a good idea

however for anyone who does insist on still blocking half of the internet, as soon as I was made aware of the caches being blocked I took action to prevent problems - patched users can still connect - they researched alternate cache IP Addresses to block (including adding those not in use but able to be used within a few minutes), as well as blocking this website, and the winmxgroup website, however there was 1 servers IP Address that they failed to block ad a cache has been set up on that address, so anyone using peer guardian and the patch can still connect using that cache (although there may be delays as it may take several retries before using that cache)

of course if they notice the one they missed out and add that IP Address to the list as well then I can set up caches on dynamic IP Addresses, however to be perfectly honest I am considering not bothering, at least that way any users effected would come here with connection problems and could be helped to rid their systems of that malware

btw, for the record the peer cache IP Addresses they added to their lists not only include all active caches (except apparently lep, which is not used, but still operational last i checked - if slow and unreliable), but they also included (nearly) all of my servers alternate IP Addresses, including a couple which had been allocated to me but not even assigned to the server (not configured on the network card so not actually existing on the network)

they also added sabres entire subnet blocking all of the IP Addresses on his connection, including the chat rooms he hosts and his normal workstation... they also blocked one of my workstations IP Addresses, however that was inside one of the servers ranges so probably didn't even know they did it and were trying to block the servers

btw it has been pointed out to them and it was not just some mistake but is in fact a deliberate act, this was confirmed when sabre went to their forum and mentioned it to them - their response was to put him on the block list a second time, i think someone forgot to mention to them that you can't block something twice, it's either blocked or not... lol

KM

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 02:29:15 am »
shortly after posting that I checked again, and they have now added that other IP Address - just in case you needed further confirmation that it was deliberate?

I have decided to add another cache on a currently unblocked IP Address... just to see what they do... i decided for this one, why not a nice dynamic IP? ;-)

Offline Knight Josef

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 07:55:02 pm »
I too have found my ip-address & most of my ISP's range on their blocklist.
Maybe they are bought of someone......      :wink:

Regards
Knight Josef
Host of Music & Movie Castle

KM

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 08:52:53 pm »
their so-called anti-p2p list includes churches... what more can i say?

Offline Knight Josef

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 09:48:33 pm »
Maybe they feel that Christ is sharing too much?.......

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 10:19:00 pm »
I have posted on Bluetack to assertain the situation and see what the problem is, for now the advice is to ditch PG and if you must use it for protection on another network , to disable it while using winmx.

Doctor Urashima

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 01:49:44 am »
Btw just to let you know Sabre's ip's have been removed, with an explination that this was a mistake. Winmx world and specificall KM are the target of the blocking.

bughunter

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 02:40:19 am »
bluetac are now suffering from a serious creditabilty problem, the more you look at there lists the more bizzare the lists appear to be........from blocking winmx peer caches ( as winmx is truely anti p2p ) to schools, churches to wholesale blocking of ip ranges etc,.........
for any organisation to compile block lists they have to be able to stand up to scrunity, after all there lists are supposed to be confirmed flooders...........pg2 currently blocks over 87 million ips, you dont need to be einstein to figure out that riaa and there co-horts dont use 87 million ips.........but sadly when you post on bluetacs forums these short comings you are labled a flooder or anti p2p and your ip suddently ends up on there lists, so much for transparency and creditabilty,.........
there are numerous reasons why pg2 is a waste of time for blocking riaa, and bluetacs egotistical attitude of late just confirms that pg2 is now a joke and shouldnt be used by anyone using p2p networks,,,,

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Peer Guardian + Winmxgroup servers

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx