gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 02, 2024, 12:28:04 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  MXMmoni won't auto trade
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MXMmoni won't auto trade  (Read 6371 times)

Offline glazenuts

• Forum Member
MXMmoni won't auto trade
« on: August 22, 2006, 06:20:54 am »
Hi All,

I read the setup guide and eveything seems to work fine. I have MXMmoni start WinMX and the log works and I up/dn load. but I've had people tell me they can't auto trade even thou in the auto trade string I have "MXMmonitor;MXMmoni;Moni; set. I have a router and a software firewall for those pesky apps that want to connedt in the background. Any ideas?? WinMX3.54b mxm 1.28b
thanx,
I started with nothing, I still have a little left{unknown}

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: MXMmoni won't auto trade
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 08:33:35 am »
* Bearded Blunder never found auto trade that reliable..

it seems to work when it feels like it, this has not changed, the same was the case going way back, even when winmx 3.31 was current
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 01:43:28 pm »
Glaze the auto trade strings either need to be the user names or part of a user name.. like a room tag, etc..

We have a good trade guide from Bubba, as you may know trading exclusively is sorta frowned on as not good practice but trading with open sharing is a great way to have it.. this guide talks about both..

It can be found here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/help/bubba_index.html

Let us know if this sorts you out or is helpful...

Offline glazenuts

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 03:29:10 pm »
Glaze the auto trade strings either need to be the user names or part of a user name.. like a room tag, etc..

We have a good trade guide from Bubba, as you may know trading exclusively is sorta frowned on as not good practice but trading with open sharing is a great way to have it.. this guide talks about both..

It can be found here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/help/bubba_index.html

Let us know if this sorts you out or is helpful...

As stated above,in the auto trade string i have the following listed, Moni;MXM; MXMontior;MXMonie;. I'm not "TRADE ONLY". I"ve read the guides and I'm pretty sure the settings are correct. I just get msg's that people say that the autotrade(with string I assume) ain't working and was wondering if MXM uses the same ports as WinMX or do I need to perhaps open some additional ports as I run a router and a software firewall for those pesky programs.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 04:52:52 pm »
no MX Montior doesnt use a port at all.. its simply manages how WinMX works.. and i didnt mean to imply you were a trade only user.. just that our guide encompasses both ..  :D

About the strings.. not to harp on it.. sometimes things get misunderstood in a post and reply enviroment.. do the users names your wanting to auto upload to have the words Moni;MXM; MXMontior;MXMonie;  in them.. actual user name contains that info?

Like the name of the user you would like to auto start is MXMuser999_8976 ?

Offline glazenuts

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 04:41:29 pm »
I think Peer Guardian is blocking MXMonitorm, Any ideas??

thanx,

Offline Maxe

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 05:58:46 pm »
Nothing is blocking MxMonitor because it has nothing to block. All it does is manage WinMX in the background. It's just like you sitting at the monitor with a keyboard and mouse and allowing some people to download and others not.  Nothing can block you now can it? Well your parents maybe, if you're a teen.

Offline Mytheroo

• Forum Member
  • Wanna lick?
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 10:37:52 pm »
the 'auto upload to the user having the following strings' setting isn't an 'autotrade'' setting...its auto-uploading to users with particular name-segments irrespective of you getting a file back.  Auto-UL for trade is the setting below. set it to 'while DL and RQ'  and  'Unlimited UL one by one while DL'  and 'cancel UL unless DL gets started' to not less than 60 secs. Untick the ignore setting.
Also make sure MxM has more upload slots than winmx else it can't auto-start anything
There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline itsbry

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 03:21:03 am »
That last piece of advice was the answer, as I had the same problem.
Thanks!
Primary User
Win XP Pro SP2
Comcast Cable Modem
WinMX v3.54 beta
MX Monitor

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  MXMmoni won't auto trade

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx