gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 11, 2024, 01:31:13 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  I just went wireless and I cannot upload or download or host my room. why?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I just went wireless and I cannot upload or download or host my room. why?  (Read 2687 times)

ambrosia

:x I just went wireless yesterday. i have 3 computers that use winmx.  but i only host on 2.  my main computer and my laptop.  i have a vonage motorola vt2442 router and an ambit DOCSIS 1.0/1.1/2.0 Compliant modem.  there is a port forward on the modem for setup but it keeps asking for Public Interface IP and other things.  i need help so i can open the ports for winmx and my fx server.  the configurations in the motorola has been set buit i dont know if there is a port i need to open to add the modem to the motorola.  the other problem is i cant run a static ip.  ive been told by the cable co that i can only run dynamic.  which i dont think is all true.  im siure others out there have wireless and is able to upload and download and host a chatroom.  is there someone that can help me with this.

any help is appreciated. thank you.  if you need more info please email me or post in forum.  :wink:

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Hi Ambrosia,

Looks like you do indeed have a double router situation.  Meaning that in the modem that needs to be set to allow passthrough of the IP or disable the NAT function completely making it just a modem. 

Once this is done you may have to reboot all boxes..

The static IP is within the Motorola, and will be set to an ip there.  When they talk about static IPs with routers they mean in the LAN (Local Area Network) not the WAN (Wide Area Network) address that you get from your cable provider.  So you can indeed set static IPs for each machine and I highly recommend this for you with so many PCs on the LAN network.

Getting the info you need is pretty easy.. and Im going to suggest you read this page to help you understand what that information is and how to get it.
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html
There is also a link on that page that explains in more detail LAN and WAN and some definitions if you are bothered to read more about all this, but the first link will be most helpful in actual set up for you. 

Your Motorola is on portforward.com the site we use most for online guides..
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Motorola/VT2442/WinMX.htm
If this is not exactly like your model, then looking through the installation disk may provide a user manula.pdf  this can be very helpful in showing you want needs done.  For that matter if you have one for you modem then finding how to disable NAT can be much easier then hunt and peck..lol

Something to keep in mind here is that each seperate machine running winmx will need to have its own set of ports.  So you may have to forward in the Motorola a total of 7 ports.  A set of two for each of the three computers that run MX, and one for your computer you host from.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  I just went wireless and I cannot upload or download or host my room. why?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx