gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 12, 2024, 08:23:45 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Correct Settings for Comodo Firewall
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Correct Settings for Comodo Firewall  (Read 1410 times)

Nathan

Correct Settings for Comodo Firewall
« on: December 25, 2006, 08:37:26 am »
Can anyone give me the correct settings for the Comodo firewall so it allows WinMx downloads and uploads and not just a connection to the network...no matter what I do with it it I can't seem to get anywhere with it  :x :? though I would like to use it if I can....Thanks folks :)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: Correct Settings for Comodo Firewall
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 09:02:13 am »
You should get a warning when winmx first tries to connect to the caches. Say yes and it sould allow winmx to connect to the nternet.
Else there will be an exceptions list in the firewal from where you can put winmx in.
I believe that if your downloads and uploads are not working fine but you can connect alright, then it might be an issue of ports rather than your firewall.
Go to www.portforward.com and select your router model there. A tutorial on how to forward ports in winmx will be given there.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Nathan

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 11:56:58 am »
Hi and thanks for the advice, I have no doubt its the ports but I don't use a router I use a Set top box/combined Modem....what I really need is exact instructions as to what to do from someone already using Comodo with WinMx...:-)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 12:08:28 pm »
Some modems have inbuilt routers espicially if they allow more than one computer to be connected to them.

Disable the firewall and see if winmx works alright. If iwnmx works ok, then it's the firewall otherwise it's something else.
Also check if you have disabled the windows firewall. As it has the nast habit of causing problems many times

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Nathan

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 05:09:53 am »
Hi and thanks for the advice SamSeeSam :-) but I am using a set top box with built in modem it is not a router and does not allow more than one PC to be connected directly to it at anyone time....

I know the problem lies with the firewall (the XP Firewall is disabled) what I need are the correct settings to make the Comodo Firewall work with WinMx and it appears that no one here knows, I need specific not general advice :-(

Anyway I am no longer using Comodo but have switched to Filseclab Firewall which works just fine with WinMx ;-)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 10:40:38 am »
Nathan, i don't trust that a set top box won't be NAT capable or enabled, please open a command promt (start > all programs > Accessories > command prompt)& type /ipconfig
if yor ip address shown there falls within any of the ranges below, your set top box IS acting as a router for these purposes, don't be fooled by it only having one socket to plug into, many of the modem/router combos we frequently deal with in the help room only have one socket..

Private IP Ranges:
10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255

the first & last of these are quite commonly used by NAT modems & routers, the middle one less commonly, but it's not unheard of.

In either case posting the make & model of the set top box may be helpful. 
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Correct Settings for Comodo Firewall

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx