gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 12, 2024, 02:30:06 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Connecting problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Connecting problem  (Read 2347 times)

Offline redhead007

• Forum Member
Connecting problem
« on: December 20, 2006, 09:47:00 am »
I have Windows XP and have recently had to reformat completely. I installed WinMX 3.3 but it just stays as "Connecting". Have I got the right version and what can I do to connect please? I love WinMX and have never had problems with it before

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: Connecting problem
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 10:07:59 am »
Delete the winmx folder and reinstall winmx from here:
https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-3.0-MultiVer.exe

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline redhead007

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 10:15:40 am »
Many thanks  :P

Soulhealer

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 12:11:10 pm »
 :lol:
Yes yes yes

I followed the same advice given to Redhead and I'm connected. I used to use WinMx constantly until they were scuttled in 2005. I read a post by someone yesterday that they downloaded something from WinMx and I couldn't believe it! Anyway thank you so much and Merry Christmas.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 01:40:43 pm »
A merry Christmas and happy new year to you too :)
Looks like you got your christmas present early this year :lol:

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

flastu925

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 12:28:36 am »
can not connect,have reinstall but still can't connect stays on connecting. Plez help

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 12:44:58 am »
Hi flastu925,

This is normally the thing we see if a firewall is blocking the access to the internet.  Some firewalls will do this if you update the files too, its protection agianst hijacking.

Remove WinMX from any firewalls you have running, (dont forget XP has one built in) and restart MX and let it ask you again.  If it doesnt ask you again then go back into said firewalls and re-add mx to the allowed programs..

Let us know if this helps yet...

clickerb35

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 01:35:35 pm »
   i have a broadband connection. i bought this pc a year ago.it was awesome until just a couple mths ago when we had something happen to it.every time we turned the pc on it would just lock up.my wife ran a disc that came with the pc that restores it to factory settings.this restore could not be undone.
b4 she ran that disc mx was just awesome there was nothing i couldnt dl,no connection problems and it said my patch was operational in yellow letters (i think)at the top of the screen.after the restore disc was ran it started taking about 2 minutes to connect and when i downloaded something it would say connection timed out.
in the window at the top of screen on mx,where it used to say patch operational up til last nite it said for help go to vladd....i dont remember the rest of the address.so lastnite i went to winmxgroup and reinstalled mx.when mx came back up it said patch operational but it wasnt lit up.its like its was in the window at the top in faded gray letters.it connected faster but was still having dl problems downloading.
so i thought it was because i needed to reboot the pc so after the reboot it went back to saying for help got to vladd_......in the window at the top of the mx page.i went back and repeated the process at winmxgroup now it says patch operational in faded gray letters again,plus it connects faster except i might be able to dl 1 file out of 5.
i've always had a secondary connection my daughters pc has a sec.connection also and hers works like this one used to.files i cant download she can with no prob.
all of these problems began when that restore disc was ran.please help.in case i cant find a response would you please e-mail me at clickerb33@aol.com .thanks

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 03:08:29 pm »
Hi clickerb35,

Id like you to do a few things for me.

First Id like you to find Pie in Program Files and uninstall it.  It maybe that your hosts file actually has still  got the pie entries in it.. this may fix that problem.  If not we can manually fix that but I'd rather it just be fixed this way if we can.

If you dont find pie in Program files then dont worry about it.  Next Id like you to uninstall/delete any files that are winmx related.  This means any shortcuts to the program and the files listed (normally in) C:\Program Files\WinMX  you may even have to just delete this folder manually should be fine too.

Next repeat once more for me the process of installing from www.winmxgroup.com  then let this start up.. the latest patch there the letters will be greyish and say Patch Operational.  Next Id like you to test the downloads and see if things are working.. if your still finding your having troubles Id like you to visit the live chat room where we can discuss firewalls, routers, and other things that can cause issues.
Click Chat, say yes to the warning... copy and paste this name into the 'Filter bar'  then click 'Join' on the far right.. please make sure you dont have any extra spaces on the end where you pasted
WinMxWorld.com Help_E3D7EFD50D3D

Im sure the downloads should work fine.. from your end as you are.. not sure about what settings we need to work on for your uploads or other functions tho.

billy

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 04:19:11 pm »
  wow i'm lost for words that seemed to take care of my problem.2-3 mths i've been having these issues.thank you so much.do i need to re-install the pie auto updater or should i just leave things alone?lol

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 05:48:05 pm »
Billy pie and winmxgroup patches dont work together.. you have to use one or the other.. and seeing how its what had you messed up already i wouldnt go near it ever again..

simply no you dont need it or peerguardian or pglite installed.

KM

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 05:54:41 pm »
that load of rubbish was the thing causing your problems - do not reinstall it or you will be back to the same problems as before

lfoxylady33

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 07:51:52 pm »
i cannot connect to winmx in evenings

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 10:17:51 pm »
Hi lfoxylady33,

Could you give us some more details?

When you say can not connect, do you mean you only get the yellow light on the Networks page or do you mean transfers will not connect?
Do you have any other computers in the house accessing the internet at these times?
Are you on a router or DSL Modem that may  have router like ability?
What version of WinMX and Patch are you using?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Connecting problem

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx