gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 12, 2024, 10:14:32 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  old user wishing to reconnect again
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: old user wishing to reconnect again  (Read 1778 times)

wintron

old user wishing to reconnect again
« on: December 16, 2006, 11:03:06 pm »
i stopped using winmx when it was brought down sometime back . i still have winmx version 3.31 installed . i would like to give it a try again . i have read a bit about reconnecting but i am i bit confised . couple of questions ?
what do i need to download to reconnect ?
do i have to uninstall my version , v3.31 ?
if i need to uninstall will i lose everything in my shared folder ?

using xp/sp2 .

i am sorry if i have posted in the wrong section , so if any mod feels the need to move this please do

thanks

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: old user wishing to reconnect again
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 11:44:18 pm »
Hi Wintron,

Welcome to the site.  You can definatly still use your v3.31 with the download link I will post below.  As far as upgrading most of the changes to v.3.53 are with the chat functions so upgrading if you dont use Chat is not really needed.   
You wont need to uninstall your old version and even if you did this wouldnt remove any actuall files but only remove the file WinMX stores the shortcut to shares in. 

This download link below has all three major version of MX in it, 3.31, 3.53 and 3.54 the latest beta release.  Please do for now choose your current version as upgrading the version often causes firewalls to block it as a hijack.  If you decide to upgrade just be aware that you may have to remove WinMX from your firewall rules and re start and add it to make it get through.  If you do upgrade and decide you hate it, or stay with 3.31 for now and decide to upgrage laters this file can be re-run to do that for you, just store it somewhere you can find it later.

Hope this helps you
https://www.winmxgroup.com/downloads/Install-3.0-MultiVer.exe.html

wintron

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 12:40:35 am »
ok thanks i'll give it a shot . and by the way thanks for your quick reply

wintron

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 12:57:39 am »
its connected  :D . i dont know how to thanks you . all this time  :) . by the way one final question . i have been reading something about pg2 and or the host file , is the altered host file included in this package or do i have to download additional software .

thanks

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 01:00:49 am »
the hosts file fix was the original type of fix.. it altered the host file to redirect winmx to the new caches.. its has since been replaced by the patch you have installed and you dont need to do anything except enjoy WinMX and tell everyone we are still up and running ... :wink:

You also dont need PG2 with this patch, it has built in filtering and blocking of IPs used by the RIAA companies and your protected and ready to roll.

wintron

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 01:59:33 am »
ok . i had to forward some ports on my wireless router to be able to download . i'll try and read your tut on how to best optimize winmx . i said i'll try  :D . and i'll certainly spread the word . great service here .

once again thanks . its being a few years now without using this .

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

babydollblues55

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 08:41:02 pm »
I purchased a new computer and want to be able to use WinMX on it without purchasing it again.  Unfortunately i don't have my registration receipt with the code.  Can anybody help me. 

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 09:16:29 pm »
sorry babydoll if you paid for it in the first place you was conned winmx is free  :( 
                                             go here and reinstall

https://www.winmxgroup.com/     <<< this is deffo free

To all users never pay they are all scam sites

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  old user wishing to reconnect again

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx