gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 20, 2024, 08:29:43 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  WinMxGroup.Com Offline
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMxGroup.Com Offline  (Read 2525 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
WinMxGroup.Com Offline
« on: January 20, 2007, 09:52:49 am »
It seems that upon checking this morning that WinMxGroup is offline, this seems to have been because a an untruthful email sent to the server host.

The hosting company have been notified of the misinformation and winmxgroup are awaiting a reply.

I can guess where the malicious email originated from, some parasitic anti-democratic and corrupt organisation.
I am sure you all know what "organisation" is being reffered to as it seems rather strange that 8 new flooding servers have appeared overnight.

Can I ask you all to show solidarity with me in shunning Sabre for the following important reason.

This morning he came into the winmxworld room and demanded that no non pie users be allowed to use his peer cache, what he seems not to know
despite claiming to be a programmer and I,ll tell you all here is that if winmxgroup is attacked the patches will automatically divert to any working
caches including his, he is not happy it seems for winmx users to connect, another case of politics over helping users, although I dont expect any logic
from this one, he is after all one of the people who claimed there was no way to detect flooders.

I will be looking into legal avenues to see what can be done to deal with the illegal macrovision attacks on this network, whilst this may seem futile I,m sure any bad publicity for them is good for us all.

Viking

Re: WinMxGroup.Com Offline
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 12:23:27 pm »
Hi, I just started WinMx but I get no message that the patch is operational, restarted several times but no message.

Anything to do with your message?

greetings

Viking

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 01:09:04 pm »
Due to the site being offline the dll will not update.
However, the existing flooders are blocked.
Hence there is a temporary problem.
It should go away as soon as the site is back online (hopefully soon after I hae made this post I think :) )

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 01:27:24 pm »
the "patch operational" is just a visual display and a direct clickable link to WinMXGroup.com as it as not showing, this simply means that you can't click it and go to WinMXGroup.com at the moment, i am confident the patch is fully operational, because
1, my WinMX connects as normal
2, i havent noticed a huge increase when searching, so the fake blocking is working ok
3, we have more than just one cache and they are self selecting, so you will stay connected and protected from fake flooders

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline HalOfBorg

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 01:35:42 pm »
This probably explains my 'unable to connect' post from yesterday. I also did not get the Patch Operational message when it started working.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 02:10:47 pm »
Just to let you know...

We have had a increase 10 fold in the number of 'new' IPs being used by Macrovision over nite as well.  However all filtering and blocking are operating as normal.  Meaning your patches will update the new IPs to block and filter within 5 minutes for 3.x users.

That update bar is just that an update bar and when the server is back online or other arrangements have been made that will work fine also.  Its not of critical importance atm so getting the downloads available and making sure the IPs are maintained and kept up under this attack are so.. just have to be patient with the white bar for those that have it...lol

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 02:21:22 pm »
Thanks Ghost Ship, Me_Here & everyone at WinMXGroup, i did notice the site is up again, your fast responses have shown how quick we can recover from issues of this kind, we know you are working hard on keeping is connected & protected from fake floods, as well as providing a service to us all.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

KM

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 11:14:21 pm »
Yes i have to agree quck abit of bad publicity wouldnt go a miss, mabe a small team coldbe brought up to go post on a few site about these attacks etc.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  WinMxGroup.Com Offline

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx