gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76785 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 22, 2024, 05:36:02 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Nvidia Customers causing hell over Vista
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nvidia Customers causing hell over Vista  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Nvidia Customers causing hell over Vista
« on: February 18, 2007, 04:04:46 am »
NVIDIA CUSTOMERS are losing it a bit.
Many are unhappy about the graphics firm's ability to produce drivers to run with Vista and they've been bombarding Nvidian message boards with threats and abuse.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37396

This is quiet funny to read really but is pretty serious in the fact that these customers are fed up. We where all expecing their to be problems but i never imagined it would be of this grand scale

http://www.nvidiaclassaction.org/

Also this hate site is a good read also by them
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Nvidia Customers causing hell over Vista
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 03:10:52 am »
Thats not as good as this though..  :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6330913.stm

Apple has told iTunes users to "wait" before upgrading their computers to Microsoft Windows Vista, saying its music software may not work properly.
The company said it is aware of several issues including problems playing purchased files and synchronising data.

Apple's support website said a new version of iTunes for Vista should be ready "in the next few weeks".

Some problems listed were: failure to play music and video purchased from the iTunes store; poor animation performance; and a failure to automatically synchronize media, contacts and calendars.

Apple has also offered Vista users a downloadable tool that will "repair permissions for important files," but does not specify the precise nature of the incompatibility

It seems those who like to be seen to be "trendy" are paying for buying into the DRM apple push, foot shot folks.

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 02:22:05 am »
NVIDIA CUSTOMERS are losing it a bit.
Many are unhappy about the graphics firm's ability to produce drivers to run with Vista and they've been bombarding Nvidian message boards with threats and abuse.

err, I read that article, but I don't understand what it's about, can someone explain for me eh? lol.
I am not a native English speaker as most of you probably know :D

and lol@apple and microsoft with their "great" DRM system which refuses users who legally buy music to play it, when there is no problem with the files that you can get for free. When are they going to realise that DRM is a bad idea?

It's great to see those big companies screw up as they are trying to monopolise the music, and the MP3 player market. As far as I know, the DRM corruped files can only be played on iplods, and not regular MP3 players.

Fun Guest

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 04:18:59 am »
Ok NB. :)

Here is my translation:

Customers are mad about Nvidia's Windows Vista drivers. Nvidia is making bad quality drivers for Windows Vista. NVIDIA CUSTOMERS have gone crazy. They started a website against Nvidia.  Customers are sending many messages with threats and abuse to Nvidia.

I hope that's not more confusing than the original...

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 06:07:47 am »
ah oki that cleared everything up. lol. I thought nvidia were going to only support vista with their new products on some rubbish like that, but if it's the other way around, no problem.. lol

KM

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 01:20:10 am »
btw, just to point out

if you legally purchase a HD DVD then put it in your legally purchased computer with the licensed and paid for copy of windows vista on it, it will play it back at standard resolution, meaning you might as well have bought a standard DVD

their justification for this is that failing to do so would make you unable to play HD content, so to allow HD content to be played they restrict it to normal definition

how the hell does that make sense?

if you purchase a high definition copy of a film, then the only way to actually watch that film on your vista computer is to go and download it from a p2p network... basically piracy is the *only* way you can get high quality content on vista

their way to fight piracy, only allow pirate copies to work and stop all non-pirated copied from functioning properly... i bet whoever came up with that got a pay rise as well

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Nvidia Customers causing hell over Vista

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx