gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76785 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 21, 2024, 11:30:31 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Blu-Ray - Hackers Claim Partial Crack Of Protection
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Blu-Ray - Hackers Claim Partial Crack Of Protection  (Read 1812 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Blu-Ray - Hackers Claim Partial Crack Of Protection
« on: January 21, 2007, 01:15:34 pm »
After the HD-DVD cracking it seems the same person has joined forces with another hacker to take on the Blu-Ray Protection.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/20/blu-ray-cracked-too/

It's still early on to tell whether this is actually true, but HD DVD cracker muslix64 is back, and with the help of another anti-DRM cracker, Janvitos, claims to have also broken the Blu-ray's implementation of AACS.
Although their protection does not yet account for BD+ copy-protection, they claim to have been able to implement the same key-grabbing known-plaintext attack as muslix64 used to crack HD DVD in order to successfully to crack Blu-ray without even using a disc or drive (apparently they just used a raw encrypted data file and nothing more).
Unfortunately they haven't yet posted code for us to test this out, so we'll have to take their word for it for the time being

This will become another joke at the Cartels expense and an expensive one at that, but as their members sue old folks and children who cant raise cash to defend themselves then it seems to me that no one cares about their so-called rights, respect is a two way street and if this is the method used by the populace to even the ever shifting field of anti consumer legislation then so be it.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Blu-Ray - Hackers Claim Partial Crack Of Protection
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 12:25:38 am »
It seems that the big battles over folks as a weakness in the key mechanism has allowed a plaintext of the key to be obtained for many disks and this means whatever future protection is added will be cracked in short order.

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=120869

In less that 24 hours, without any Blu-Ray equipment, but with the help of Janvitos, I managed to decrypt and play a Blu-Ray media file using my known-plaintext attack...
The file from the movie "Lord of war", play well with VideoLan.
Janvitos gave me few files on the BD disc and a memory dump...

Note that I don't address BD+. The file don't seem to be BD+ protected.

If you have time to read through all the posts on that forum there are a wealth of technical info to show how its done and a downloadable proof of concept program, seems like unless the whole blu-ray specification is changed then this one is a dead duck and will be the toast of hackers for many years to come.

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 02:53:39 am »
 :lol: I love it..Hackers - 2 vs  MPAA  - 0  :P

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 05:00:39 am »
:lol: I love it..Hackers - 2 vs  MPAA  - 0  :P

:lol: you got that right.
And that lead will be maintained once they have it.
When will they give up?

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 09:54:18 pm »
Blu-Ray AND HD-DVD broken - processing keys extracted
Arnezami, a hacker on the Doom9 forum, has published a crack for extracting the "processing key" from a high-def DVD player. This key can be used to gain access to every single Blu-Ray and HD-DVD disc.

Here's an link to the forum thread on Doom9 about it.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 10:37:19 am »
Hehe
had to happen :twisted:

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 07:36:35 am »
Beta AnyDVD for HD DVD

"We are currently working AnyDVD HD, and it will be an awsome product!" - posted SlySoft's James on the company forum on January 28, going on:

"I have an early Alpha Version, and it decrypts any HD DVD disc I have tried. Even better, the first version will probably have a working 'Remove annoying trailers...' function. Adios, FBI warning. And the 20 second Universal 'HD-DVD is great' logo which you cannot skip is now gone for good."

p2pnet

You can download AnyDVD HD 6.1.2.1 beta version here.

Changes
- Added AnyDVD HD ripper
- Some cosmetic changes
- Added German translation

Slysoft forum thread about it.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Blu-Ray - Hackers Claim Partial Crack Of Protection

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx