gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 15, 2024, 12:22:06 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  completely baffled
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: completely baffled  (Read 4140 times)

steve Boon

U/L & D/L time out
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 05:51:55 pm »
Hi all have been of winmx for just over 2 weeks as my isp (biscit) went into administration, have joined up with virgin.net adsl and was connected 2day. having set up the new router (the old one was playing up) have mapped the tcp and udp ports, assigned an ip address to my main pc and tried to connect to winmx using primary connection, whilst i get the green connected light i cant seem to d/l or anybody u/l from me (it just times out). as a resul;t tried a secondary connection with same effect - anybody have any idea what the problem is (can use chat BTW)

thanx steve

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: completely baffled
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 08:15:51 pm »
HI Steve

It sounds like if your getting a 'channel list' ok. that possible the ports are ok in the router but maybe a software firewall is casing the uploads to time out.  Downloads should work pretty much regardless so ..

First thing is to make sure your software firewalls are working ok.. and also if your using XP make sure that firewall is either configured to allow the actual ports (and not just the program) or turned off if you use another firewall.

Im also wondering what you mean by "assigned an ip address to my main pc" Do you mean you set up a static IP for your PC trying to connect WinMX and used that in the router settings? 

Secondly If your still having issues I would suggest you pop by the Help room located on WinMX at:

WinMxWorld.com Help_A06F7657BABE

Have someone test your uploads and let you try them for a download transfer.

Here is the guide to some common firewalls including XP:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html

steve Boon

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 09:17:43 pm »
done the firewall and ports on the fire wall but hadn't installed anything to make a change to the operating of the pc. all changes were made on new router

even on secondary cant make connections (cant even get anybody in my q now (though i can browse mysel;f through chat)

by assigning ip address , i did indeed mean that i gave the pc a static ip address on the router

tried going to winmx chat room but little chat and help

looks like i'm going to be another that has to leave winmx behind  :( thanx for trying though

steve

steve Boon

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 10:09:26 pm »
 :D :D :D woops who feels very silly - I had the lan ip address and the wan ip adress settings the wrong way round

thanx again for the help all seem to be working well now

steve

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 12:05:08 pm »
Excellant Steve,

Im thrilled its working and sorry about the chat experience..
they are all folks like yourself that volunteer time and dont get paid to be there 24/7 and i consider them to be the best informed users about WinMX on WInMX. 

However looking at logs .. i would say you have a valid complaint about folks starting to help .. then wondering off.. which is not good in my book and will be dealt with there..

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 08:34:21 pm »
Well i was gunna move from NTL to Tiscali and i'm glad i dident. Dont get me wrong theres problems with NTL (Virgin Media)

But they havent been that bad and they have sorted it out.

If your looking for the best ISP to join. Then i'd say its a very hard decision being as all ISP's have there faults.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  completely baffled

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx