gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 14, 2024, 04:23:05 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Do I have to do this every time?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Do I have to do this every time?  (Read 1284 times)

Offline KittyBass

• Forum Member
Do I have to do this every time?
« on: February 24, 2007, 06:54:26 pm »
I live in a place where the power trips all the time so I lose my connection to WinMX. So every time this happens my router shuts off. As if reloading all of those files in WinMX isn´t enough a pain, it seems that I have to change my port settings every time I restart as well. Why is that?

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Re: Do I have to do this every time?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 07:40:55 pm »
you need to make a static ip for you network card, if you make a static ip then one lot of settings will suffice if you post you router model ill pass you to a site that wil showyou how to set up a static IP
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline KittyBass

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 07:52:43 pm »
Ok, that would be great. It took me an hour to load up all those files and search again!

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 08:12:34 pm »
abit   drastic - you could use a ups - Un interupable power supply - these can be found on ebay quite cheap :)
Learn From Yesterday, Live For Today, Hope For Tomorow!
www.lovehosts.com

KM

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 08:35:54 pm »
set a static IP Address on your computer so your computers LAN IP Address doesn't change

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/static_ip.html  - if you do it following those instructions then you must do it for every computer on the network because those instructions tell you how to do it in a way that will conflict with the automatic IP Addressing

then forward in the router to there, if your router is actually losing the port forwarding then it may be that you aren't saving the settings in the router, some routers will let you add a port forwarding that works straight away, but won't actually save it until you click save - so looks for a save (or save and restart) button in the router config

and a UPS for the computer is a very good idea, because routers don't care about having their power suddenly turned off, TVs don't mind having the power suddenly turned off, but computers really don't do well if the power dies in the middle of writing some important system file... files being corrupted all the time is likely to cause serious problems if you just let it keep doing it without getting it sorted out, and you just know that the day when your system refuses to boot up because of it will be the day you are running late and just need to quickly get that important presentation...

Offline KittyBass

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 10:06:43 pm »
I do have a UPS for the computer, thank goodness. It´s not just my apartment that loses electricity. Mostly everyone I know in this town suffers from circuits tripping for some reason or another. I´ve  had this computer 3 weeks and have lost power about 4 times this week alone.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Do I have to do this every time?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx