gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76785 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 22, 2024, 05:30:08 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  New Call To Boycott RIAA Products
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Call To Boycott RIAA Products  (Read 950 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
New Call To Boycott RIAA Products
« on: February 24, 2007, 08:23:49 am »
Whilst I have been boycotting them since way back, a new call to boycott the RIAA for the whole of march is being made to let them see how resolute we are not to allow them to dictate our musical future.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/putting-our-money-where-our-mouths-are-boycott-the-riaa-in-march-239281.php

Alright, we've been following the RIAA's increasingly frequent affronts to privacy and free speech lately, and it's about time we stopped merely bitching and moaning and did something about it. The RIAA has the power to shift public policy and to alter the direction of technology and the Internet for one reason and one reason alone: it's totally loaded. Without their millions of dollars to throw at lawyers, the RIAA is toothless. They get their money from us, the consumers, and if we don't like the way they're behaving, we can let them know with our wallets.

With that in mind, Gizmodo is declaring the month of March Boycott the RIAA month. We want to get the word out to as many people as humanly possible that we can all send a message by refusing to buy any album put out by an RIAA label.

Boycotting includes not purchasing games for your console/pc and declining cinema visits, lets show them its not just the pulp pop we are not happy with and keep this up for as long as we can.

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
Re: New Call To Boycott RIAA Products
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 05:17:35 pm »
i dont buy anything anyway...  (mostly because i cant afford it)

only CD i eva bought was a 50 Cent one from the market for 50p

and er... yeah about it.. lol
Learn From Yesterday, Live For Today, Hope For Tomorow!
www.lovehosts.com

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 10:43:16 pm »
would this be a good thread to post links to www.jamendo.com and www.cdbaby.com ? ;)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 10:47:43 pm »
Cheers Stripes, I,m always happy to see non Cartel products, its good for the artist and its good for us  8)

The more non Cartel links the better as far as I,m concerned.  :)

KM

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 08:32:33 am »
when they leave you with no way to purchase something from them, you have no choice but to download it, they may claim theyare losing out - but on what? they didn't lose a sale, because they already refused to sell me what i wanted

what do people want that they refuse to provide? well it certainly isn't DRM, root kits, or any other malware that i'm after, which seems to be all they are selling

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  New Call To Boycott RIAA Products

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx