gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 15, 2024, 08:17:47 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Connection Problem - Please help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Connection Problem - Please help  (Read 1820 times)

Moviemanforever

Connection Problem - Please help
« on: March 30, 2007, 04:23:30 pm »
I can't connect and would really appreciate it if someone could help.  Here is my information:

- Operating system                    XP
- Internet connection type            Dial up(56k)
- WinMX Version                       3.54
- Secondary or primary user   Secondary
- What make of firewall you have   I'm sorry; I don't know where to get this information   
- Router brand and model    I'm sorry again; I don't know where to get this information, 
                                                either; I use AOL 9.0
- Any WinMX add-ons installed   None   

Thank you in advance!!

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: Connection Problem - Please help
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 04:49:12 pm »
Hi Moviemanforever,

Welcome to the site.

Im not sure what you mean exactly by 'connect'  do you mean the Network's page and a yellow light there?  Or do you mean for transfers?

For Network Connection Issues:
First thing you need to check is the XP Firewall.  There should be an icon in the Control Panel > Firewall, make sure that 'if' this is enabled that you do see WinMX listed on the exceptions tab and ticked.

Secondly you may need to hover your mouse over the icons in the task tray (near the clock) and see if any seem to be for protection.

If you do fine any report them back to use here.. try WinMX after you have checked the XP firewall and let us know if this has helped.

IFor Transfer Connections:
Be sure you have the latest patch with your WinMX, you should see the words 'Patch Operational' at the top of WinMX, if not install from here:
www.winmxgroup.com

Then retry the search and transfers and see if they are working better, this patch will remove fake files from searches (those never connect) and hopefully resolve this issue.

Moviemanforever

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 05:47:19 pm »
Hi Me Here,

Thank you for responding so quickly.  I downloaded Version 3.54 beta 4, using the link that you posted, and the Patch Operational is there, but it is greyed out.  The Connection Status has a yellow blinking light ("Finding Network Connections"), and that's where the program stays.  There is no further connection.  I leave the program on for about 15 minutes, but the blinking yellow light is still there.

I checked the XP Firewall, and WinMX is on the exceptions tab, and it is ticked.

I'm not sure what else to do; I really miss having WinMX; I haven't been able to use it for over a year.

Thanks again.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 06:29:46 pm »
It is mostly a firewall problem as winmx will give most problems usually after connection.
Remove the Xp rules re add and try again (I did read about you making sure it wil on the allow list, ut all the same)
Your router may have a firewall in it.
look for the box with a few blinking leds or yellow lights. Some nnumbers and a model name is usually written on that.
If you got it from your ISP, contact them and find out the model number.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Moviemanforever

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 09:38:37 pm »
I'm sorry, I don't know very much about the technical side of computers.  I don't know how to get to the router.  For the time being, I'll check the system file.  Should I look for a certain file?

I reallly appreciate your help; I've been out of work and recently put in a lot of effort to get a job.  Today, I received a letter saying that I didn't get the job.  When I was able to get WinMX, it was something to look forward to; that's why I'm trying to get it up and running again.

Moviemanforever

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 09:48:17 pm »
I don't know where to find the router.  Is it in the computer, is it software?  I don't mean to inconvenience anyone; I'm a failure when it comes to this kind of thing.

Moviemanforever

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 10:10:41 pm »
I need to have it explained to me as though I was just starting out with computers.  Again, I apologize.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 10:11:01 pm »
Ok Movieman,  Hun your on Dial up and there fore do NOT have a router.  You can stop looking for that.

Where your firewall is, Control Panel > Firewall Icon >  Exceptions tab, highlight WinMX and choose remove/delete the rule.  Then restart WinMX and allow it to ask you agian to 'let WinMX have Access to the Internet' .  Once this is done you can go in and add it back in as i described above again if need be.

Sometimes firewalls see an upgrade or reinstall as a program hijack and block it even tho you have given it permissions, so try this and let us know..

Have no fear, Im sure we can get your WinMX up and running again.     :wink:

Next I want you to look at your WinMX settings also,

Outgoing TCP - make sure this says 'Dont use a Proxy, connect directly'  option ticked.
Incoming TCP - Unable to Listen on ....'  option ticked
In/Out UDP - Unable to Send or receive on ...' option ticked
and restart WinMX.

Moviemanforever

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 10:23:51 pm »
It worked!  I have it up and running, and I'm doing a search!  I can't tell you how happy you just made me - I've spent the last 3 months applying for a job in civil service.  After a big application process and a three-hour test that most people fail, I got a rejection letter today.  I take care of my mom (in her 80s), my sister (cancer), and brother (out of meth rehab).  Having WinMX is one of the VERY few things I have to look forward to.

Man, I just want to say thankyouthankyou and thank you!!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 10:40:18 pm »
Your very welcome Movieman, anything we can do to help make your time on WinMX enjoyable we are glad to do.  Its a noble thing you do and I agree you deserve all the happy 'you' time you can get, if its on WinMX then thats wonderful we could help.

Keep smilin hun.. :wink:

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 11:28:40 pm »
*applauds Me here... i never get tired of readin all your success
stories on here and the lengths you go to and determination to see
things through.... another one well done  :)

And welcome back Movieman..... happy winmxing   :)

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 11:30:17 pm »
Thanks Reef ... :oops:

Moviemanforever

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 05:06:40 am »
Thank you to everyone; you have been extremely helpful, and you responded right away.  I really appreciate your consideration!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Connection Problem - Please help

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx