gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 16, 2024, 07:08:06 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  winmx outdated
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: winmx outdated  (Read 1389 times)

Offline royaltiger

• Forum Member
winmx outdated
« on: April 18, 2007, 06:39:25 pm »
Why has winmx not been updated and improved, the last few years more and more people struggle to get it to work because of compatability issues, so you would think someone out there would have upgraded the software and brought it up to date, i know its FREE and could be a factor but there are a load of good programmers out there who do it for a hobby, this software is crying out to be updated otherwise more and more users will decline to use it anymore and a good piece of software has gone to waste

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: winmx outdated
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 09:23:28 pm »
The answer is fairly simple, the owners closed up under threat of possible litigation, the community & especially KM have worked hard to keep it going, & to make improvements, removing fakes from search results is a BIG improvement.. but you have to understand, the code for winmx isn't available & improvements take time & talent, we're VERY lucky to have the talent of KM who has indeed devoted his time to it.

I'm sure I'm not alone in finding the removal of fakes to be the biggest improvement that could have been made, WinMX is the ONLY p2p network where this problem has been beaten & i know that ways to beat the isps who throttle p2p apps into inoperability are under consideration, both of these seem way more important issues than the flashy new interface & version numbers other apps might be sporting.

Good software is software that WORKS, not just looks flashy
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 03:42:40 am »
Also I'd like to add that winmx itself had no compatibility issues with vista, it was more of an issue with the patch. That has been fixed and things have moved on. Winmx can also be run on linux...

The non avaibility of the source is a small bad and a major good thing. Bad as no one can update it. Good as no one can know the internal workings of winmx, and thus disrupt that as well.

A good deal of people will judge P2P on basis of files and speed, both of which are pretty decent on winmx. You can also chat with other users, something you can't do on any other P2P. The blocklist, thanks to the hard work of km has been 100% effecive , with no fake search results...
I also use torrents, and on that as well, there are fake users...

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

KM

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 08:13:11 am »
Why has winmx not been updated and improved, the last few years more and more people struggle to get it to work because of compatability issues

you must be thinking of a completely different winmx to the one this site is about... which hasn't been having more and more compatibility issues as you claimed, in fact there was a single issue when vista came out which was fixed shortly after, many programs have problems with vista and many haven't even been fixed...

btw, something constantly needing improving means it was crap before, the perfect program would never be updated as there would be no way to possibly improve it, so assuming that a program is better if it constantly changes version number is not only incorrect, but in fact completely the opposite of reality

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  winmx outdated

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx