gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 02, 2024, 06:24:10 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  A NEW TRADER TOOL
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A NEW TRADER TOOL  (Read 3754 times)

Offline flyboy

• Forum Member
A NEW TRADER TOOL
« on: February 21, 2007, 03:23:31 am »
I love to share but sometimes it's easier to trade, especially if you're waiting on that new file everyone wants.  I had an idea about a new tool that someone at WinMx in their infinite wisdom should have no problem creating. (Cuz I'm stupid when it comes to programming)lol
When you are qued in for a file and you want to see if that person is in yr que so u can mess, 4 a trade, it takes forever, especially if u have 100 ppl in yr que and the file u want has maybe 15 ppl in it. That means u gotta go thru yr list once 4 every person and that takes alot of time.
Why can't u come up with a tool where u just click on the file yr trying 2 d/l and it will automatically tell u if they are in yr que and appx where they are or even have a drop list right there if u want to mess. them or anything else u guys can think of.
I think it's a good idea,  What do u think???? :shock:

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: A NEW TRADER TOOL
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 04:54:30 am »
Good Idea. But like most other great ideas, it's diffucult as no one has the source code for winmx and you need to find someone willing to take up the project

Use mxmoniter to automaticially start downlaods of people you are dwonloading from, in your queue. That is good enough I persume...

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 08:03:34 pm »
Chances that you will search and find a file shared by someone who happens to be downloading from you is unlikely, but like samseesam said, MXMonitor has an auto trade feature which starts the user you are downloading from if they are in the upload queue. It also has an option to disconnect the upload if your download is cancelled.

Offline flyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 08:57:45 am »
Yes, I am running MxMonitor and have been for a couple of years now. It's a handy tool but unreliable...If its been running for awhile, I get messages that tell me it isn't working. Usually I just clear out the transfer logs and it's okay but sometimes I forget and I end up getting those messages.
I'm just looking for a new toy to play with I guess...lol
By the way, is Quick Mx still around?  I had problems with it using up alot of memory and freezing my comp but BOY could it find some users! Normally, you could get 20 or 30 but it would get you a hundred or more!
I'm guessing they got rid of it because it froze up alot of comps because I can't find it now.

KM

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 09:47:08 am »
it froze up the network

how do you think the program worked? by flooding out loads of searches, there is a reason winmx only allows automatic searches every 10 minutes - which btw is way more often than is needed

you have 10 people sending out 50,000 searches a second, how are the 20 people performing 1 or 2 legitimate searches meant to get a chance? (slight exaggeration on the numbers, but you get the point...)

Offline flyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 10:05:09 am »
Oh ok. I understand.

Since I'm here, is the new patch the reason I keep getting hundreds of ignored users now?  and why cant I find out how to allow certain ppl that keep getting ignored? I know MxMonitor has the settings but I dont see it on WinMx.  Some ppl who I know are legitimate are getting ignored. All I can do is remove them from the list but they keep popping back up.  Ive even tried shutting down Monitor so I know it isnt that. :?

KM

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 06:42:24 pm »
it is mxmonitor, because winmx doesn't automatically ignore anyone, you have to ignore them yourself for them to get ignored - or of course mxmoni can ignore them (by acting like you manually ignored them to winmx)

if it is ignoring people, check you actually closed mxmonitor - it does have an option to just minimise to the tray instead of closing

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 10:44:36 pm »
Take a peek here for more moni info  :)

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/mxmoni.html

Offline flyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 12:09:44 am »
Ok thanx guys.  I got it straightened out now

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  A NEW TRADER TOOL

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx