gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 19, 2024, 02:05:43 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Cannot restart program
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cannot restart program  (Read 2800 times)

Hi Guys!

Cannot restart program
« on: July 04, 2007, 02:07:32 pm »
I have a weird problem. I have used WinMx for a long time, without trouble. I just downloaded it for a freind on another PC, and when you close the program, you can't find it again.

The installation process didn't create an icon in the 'Program Files'. nor can I find the EXE program on the PC. The only thing a search brought up was to prefetch file.

Where would it have installed itself to? (I cannot find the true path to create a desktop icon)

Thanks

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Re: Cannot restart program
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 02:11:18 pm »
Hi

Have a at look at c drive program files. Or other drives you may have the programmes on.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Hi Guys!

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 02:33:00 pm »
Thanks,

I checked on MY PC, and the WinMx folder has all the correct icons. Unfortunately the new version downloaded on the other PC only contains the OLEDLG.DLL file, nothing more.

I think I have downloaded a corrupt version of WinMx. Where can I go on this trusted site to download a good version? I can only find the new patch, but not a version of WinMx.

Thanks

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 02:38:00 pm »
In this attachment is winmx. This however does not have the new patch. You will need to install it.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Hiya!

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 02:56:03 pm »
Still no joy! Re-Installed your program, and went through the installation process. WinMx was up but could not connect - so downloaded the new patch, CLOSED the program, ran the patch, and now can only find a folder 'WinMx' with ONLY that .DLL file in it. All other icons (uninstall, .EXE, ect) are missing.

Cannot find a start icon anywhere on the PC - and the folder does not contain anything.

What is wrong?

Thanks

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 03:06:43 pm »
looks like somehow you have deleted winmx.......
do you have the original installer still if so reinstal winmx then just drop the oledlg.dll into winmx programme folder it sjould ask if its ok to over write the existing one    allow that of course.........
have you done a dns flush....if not go to a command prompt   typically accessed by going to the start button then run type cmd and hit the enter button, black dos box will pop up in there type ipconfig /flushdns   the hit the enter button  you will get a message saying the dns cache has been cleared.........close the dos box and reboot your pc   
it should then connect as far as winmx is concerned....
let us know how you get on

hiya!

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 03:12:19 pm »
 :D You guys are great! Followed step by step and now all is good. The Icons now appear in the correct folder, and I am able to create a desktop icon. (Connected right away after installing the patch, too! :P)

Thanks!, and have a great day!

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 03:13:42 pm »
Thankyou for letting us know

Happy winmxing

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Cannot restart program

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx