gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 06:21:34 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Well this is annoying
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Well this is annoying  (Read 1560 times)

Anonymous

Well this is annoying
« on: October 07, 2005, 10:55:02 pm »
Earlier, I was running as a primary for a few hours. Now I have disconnected and exited the program... however Peerguardian reports that I am still getting loads of blocked connections on port 6699 from companies like Globix, DSL.net and other companies on the blocklist.

I actually disconnected several hours ago. Is this what a DOS attack feels like? My ISP uses dynamic ip addresses so I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting but they keep issuing me with the same ip address and the blocked connections resume!

At first I thought it might be because the other primaries on the network hadn't converged and were still forwarding search requests to me (I'm not sure exactly how the network functions so apologies if I'm talking bollocks) but I'm not getting connections from any other ip addresses on that port except for the blocked ones. Plus, as I say, I disconnected hours ago.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Well this is annoying
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 11:17:30 pm »
As has been mentioned before, once the flooders have your address they will constantly try to attack your connection, may I suggest taking your picture to a lawyer as denial of service attacks are illegal.

They will get fed up after about 4 hours and they are pulling this same illegal trick on bit torrent and e-donkey users so we should not expect to be left out  :wink:  

For your info these are the actual flooders your seeing not the returns from the network, you can see they are like cockroaches from a disturbed dustbin  :)  
As long as your blocking them Guest your doing a great job, this costs them money  :lol:

lord_harris

Well this is annoying
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 12:35:34 am »
Whoops, I forgot to log in! That was actually me posting.

Anyway, seriously, do you think it would be worth my while showing this to a lawyer? Even if not that, would it be worth reporting it to my ISP, since I'm sure it can't be good for their network having all these constant requests. Maybe they will consider taking legal action.

Anyway, it's been well over four hours and they are still trying to rape my connection, so I will check again in the morning and see if they have fucked off.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Well this is annoying
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 04:04:04 pm »
its definatly worth reporting to your ISP in my opinion, documented attempts at DOS (Denial of Service) attacks..

:twisted:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Well this is annoying

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx