gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 10, 2024, 10:22:17 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  How could i connect with WinMX again?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How could i connect with WinMX again?  (Read 2189 times)

melt

How could i connect with WinMX again?
« on: October 18, 2005, 08:51:30 pm »
hi,

i was in vacations, so i missed what happen to WinMX. I know thats because RIAA etc.  Please help me, cause i cant connect now. I have WinXP and my WinMX version is 3.53  
Well, as i said, i can't connect and that seem to be "normal", because WinMX was forced to shut down its service. So i have a few questions:

1. What should i download to connect to WinMX again?? (version? etc..)

2. "PeerGuardian": whats that? Never heard of that before. Do i need that      necessary? I heard, it blocks RIAA fake files, but i dont understand what it means.

3. WinMX was one of the most popular p2p programs for downloading mp3 songs. It's still so? I like(d) WinMX very much, so i dont want really to change to another p2p program. I'm familiar with WinMX, thats why.

Thx in advance!

*sorry for my english language, i hope you understand ;)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 12:54:54 am »
Hi you download KM's .dll patch to get WinMX working again here: https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-1.9.exe
It's works on 98/Me/NT/2k/XP.
 Follow the installation instructions when you install the patch.

Peerguardian is used by primary WinMX users to help block the RIAA/MPAA cartels from flooding the WinMX Peer Network with fake files & attacking it.Avoiding Fakes

You can also use Sherwood instead of using Peerguardian to help block the Cartels from attacking the WPN.If you are using the M$ 2000/XP .dll patch it already has a blocklist built into it.

melt

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 10:31:03 am »
Thanks! It works again! :D

Quote from: p2p rules
If you are using the M$ 2000/XP .dll patch it already has a blocklist built into it.

You mean, thats in "KM's .dll patch"? Because i downloaded it from the website you gave it to me. So, i dont need now to download PeerGuardian or Sherwood? Yes, i have WinXP.

cya

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 11:31:38 am »
Nope Melt,
Your good to go, the .dll patch you have should block the RIAA from the network.

Be sure and tell everyone WinMX is back on its feet...

bill

winMX still not working
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 04:31:02 pm »
hi i loaded the patch and still nothing.
its been connecting now for 37mins
what have i done wrong please advise
you can contact me either on here or highfive875@hotmail.com

thanx

KM

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 11:05:53 pm »
the patch is an installer, did you run it and install it all? if so, does it say anything at the top where the black bar used to be?

also, which OS are you on and did you install the correct version of the patch for your OS? (the installer has 2 options, the correct one should be selected by default in most cases)

p2p

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 11:43:08 pm »
Your welcome Melt.
Welcome back to WinMX, I'm :) you got reconnected.:D

melt

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 11:32:39 am »
Thank you :D "p2p" and "me here". Very Happy,  it works well, no crashes etc. But it seems that there are not so many files at it was in WinMX 3.53. Maybe im not right..For example, i searched for Michael Bubble and there are only a few songs..But with "madonna" there are much more. But most important: It WORKS again  :shock:  :D

edit: everything is fine. Its not Bubble, its Buble! One letter= big difference in search results ;)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  How could i connect with WinMX again?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx