gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 19, 2024, 08:03:27 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Bots  |  cant keep bot in my room
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: cant keep bot in my room  (Read 3967 times)

black hawk

cant keep bot in my room
« on: July 20, 2008, 04:12:38 am »
hi can someone help i cant keep bot in room .when this trouble started 2 days ago i was using robo 2.07.i upgraded to 2.08a few hours ago bot only stays in the room for a few minites then is kicked forbidden name then a few seconds after i get a runtime error any suggestions how to fix  this problem. ty

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: cant keep bot in my room
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 06:57:06 am »
downgrade robomx to 2.07

its an alpha version so is not meant for general use. I guess its development has stalled or quite some time..

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 11:17:38 am »
First of all lets clear something up here

RoboMX 2.07 or 2.08 there are no problems with and these are both official releases of RoboMX and are both stable. RoboMX is a chat client only.
Metis is a plugin that adds bot functions to RoboMX and has its own version numbers.
2.7b test 6 is a very common metis release but the changes in the sorce were never published and because its listed on Source Forge as an open source project under the rules of open source this release was not official, it is however fairly stable and useable.
2.8 is an official release of metis however, when it was made it had some varibles removed (things it uses in the scripts) and for that reason some scripts that worked fine on 2.7b test 6 wont work on 2.8.

Now there are two ways to fix this problem (I think this script issue is probably whats causing your trouble).

One is to get the Bide version of 2.8 which added those variables back into it and made older scripts more compatible.  That can be found here:
httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/Bide&Musique/Modified%20Metis/

The second fix would be to go back to the metis 2.7test 6, keep in mind that there are some bug fixes with 2.8 and many folks say its much more stable when running the Bide version, but that I have used 2.7 for ever and have very little problems with it.

The third thing you could do is remove all of your scripts from the new set up, every game, script, any xmls in the folder (except the mxc.xml) and add them back one at a time and see which script is actually causing you problems.

Hope this helps

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 06:29:52 pm »
thx for correcting :)
actually  I confused this with bendmx... :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

black hawk

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 10:31:52 pm »
thnks for your help  i think i have it now ty :) :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Bots  |  cant keep bot in my room

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx