gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 08, 2024, 02:30:59 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  WoW it worked
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WoW it worked  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Falkai

• Forum Member
WoW it worked
« on: June 11, 2008, 11:42:46 pm »
Hi all names Falkai i Used to use this program years ago till they shut it down=( Up till just a few hours ago i was using WInMX 4.6 which has no chat rooms=( glad to see old winmx alive and well! Now i havnt used this forever and the install went well but i don't rember how to decode the chat room names 99 % of all the text i see are inn %$%#@4&&^% number and symbol like that  :o So if any 1 could refresh my memory on how to decode all that it would help a ton :oops:

Offline Falkai

• Forum Member
Re: WoW it worked
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 01:19:42 am »
need help with vista unicode

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 07:39:32 am »
Hi Falkai  :)

Here is how to add a translation of your own language

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/winmx_change_language.html

And this is how you set your system up to see special characters

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/winmx_japanese_language.html

You may have to modify the basic instructions to suit Vista and your particular language but I hope its very similar, let us know if you encounter any further problems.

Offline Falkai

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 03:26:46 pm »
i tried that the fonts didn't match nor did my regional  options i tried to guess and didn't get anywhere

Offline Falkai

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 03:28:26 pm »
i have 1000 + avi  and 3000 mp3s shared and every 1 who is leaching from me is sharing but i cant read there file names=/

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 10:40:47 pm »
I have just used google to find some sites that may help you as I dont have Vista Installed here, I hope they will provide the basic information to allow you to resolve the language problem.

This one looks fairly useful

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/5b82620e-8a13-4ddc-8ca3-18b5bb69b8271033.mspx

But this one looks better  :)

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/cc452fac-0858-4baf-bc01-005ef3c901751033.mspx

I believe there is enough information there to be of help, the normal thing to do is ensure you have Japanese language support and a unicode supporting font (two types are listed in the Japanese language tutorial), with both those activated you should then be able to view the Japanese language or the pidgen english they use that looks like jibberish without the right font etcinstalled, let me know how you get on  :)

If anyone else can make some notes on this,  both myself and Falkai Would be most grateful.

Offline Falkai

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 02:33:00 am »
Okies i got it to work the issue was with winmx for some reason it wasn't displaying the text options in fonts.In vista this is what ya do hit start type in regional then to administrative click on system local change to Japaneses then change the rest in winMx 

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 07:42:28 am »
Excellent work Falkai  8)

Just so your aware of why there is a such a lot of strange names etc, at the last statistics count there where 50% of Japanese users to all other nations so they in fact make up the majority of the networks users, I have always found most of them suprisingly able to speak our language, something I would be hard pressed to do if the tables where turned..lol

Anyway happy winmxing and thank you for your persistence in resolving this problem.

Offline Falkai

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 03:29:51 pm »
lmao true but  thats still 1 sided i cant read Japaneses so i have no idea what file is whatXD

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  WoW it worked

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx