gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 06:31:52 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  WinMX alternatives?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX alternatives?  (Read 1749 times)

Offline steed_and_emma

• Forum Member
WinMX alternatives?
« on: October 10, 2005, 07:26:00 pm »
Hi all

I have tried all the patches including the DLL and the PIE file using Windows XP home SP2 with no success.  The first DLL file worked using a secondary connection for one evening, and that was it.  I'm still open to trying another fix but it seems like beating a dead horse now.  I went on the WinMX open nap a couple of weekends ago, but immediately got a terse email from my internet provider warning me not to use my connection to trade copyright material.

I was wondering what P2P programs WinMX users are considering exploring in the near future.  I have tried Mute and Ants P2P.  They both provide IP address and file encryption capabilites ( I will never use the open nap again for this very reason).  Ants seems sort of similar to WinMX in the layout, but there are hardly any users on it.  Mute is very simple and again, hardly any  users on it.

Anyone want to throw in their two cents?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
WinMX alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 10:26:33 pm »
As far as your safety and privacy is concerned WinMX is in a class by itself..

However if I were to leave this I would look at Filetopia.. seems the safest to me and thats my main concern is protection of my privacy..

Offline steed_and_emma

• Forum Member
WinMX alternatives?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 10:48:29 pm »
I have to agree that WinMX provided good privacy.

It wasn't until I ventured out on the open nap in ernest (2 days) recently that I got any static.  I used to go on the open nap for very brief periods just to compare files and weed out the fakes.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I'll look into it.

Anymore ideas?

Offline Valor

• Forum Member
WinMX alternatives?
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 09:00:57 am »
It's possible your ISP is preventing connection to WinMX default ports as they are known file sharing ports. Try changing WinMX settings Incoming TCP Connections from 6699 to 26699 and In/Out UDP packets from 6257 to 26257. Then change any WinMX router/firewall port settings to correspond with your new ports.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  WinMX alternatives?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx