gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 08:26:09 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  1.9 Pact no good
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1.9 Pact no good  (Read 3157 times)

wavoka

1.9 Pact no good
« on: October 11, 2005, 10:59:55 pm »
Message, the installer you are attempting to use is incomplete. May be a bad download or contain a virus.....

What's up with that? I downloaded it twice. Same response.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
1.9 Pact no good
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 11:34:21 pm »
Yes we have a problem with that download.. we have since uploaded it to the site here and seems to work fine..

Here is the download link:

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/install_1.9.exe

frbrd13004

1.9 still no good
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 02:55:45 am »
tried three times same result incomplete or virus

Terri

1.9 Pact no good
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 08:44:06 am »
 Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also had a problem with the new update, but have tried the link below & it has now updated ok.

Problem is now the shared folder has changed to Library & I have nothing in my Library. How can I put everything in my Library without doing the download again. I am asumeing that the Library is to do with shareing.

Offline BigChickenChit

• Forum Member
    • http://www.techprocomp.com
1.9 Pact no good
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 11:01:31 am »
The same thing was happening to me...Pop up blocker was causing the problem...Turn off your blocker when downloading.

Terri...click on library and click either "add floder" and add the location of where your files are that you want to share, or click on "scan for media"

wavoka

Patch working so far.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 02:16:42 pm »
I also had a problem with the new update, but have tried the link below & it has now updated ok.

========================
Did not work all the way.  I had to ignore installing the WS-s32.dll file twice to get an install.

So far, everything seems to be working. Time will tell.

Thank you all.

wavoka

update on new 1.9 installer patch
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 02:43:37 pm »
It crashed.

wavoka

1.9 exe worse than third patch
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 03:15:49 pm »
It crashes more than the third .dll patch. Is it because the .dll included did not load? Or was it the third .dll patch that was included?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
1.9 Pact no good
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 03:35:26 pm »
No its a fourth dll.. so i have to suspect because i have thousands of ppl on this and so far can not confirm that anyone with this fourth dll is crashing that maybe your install didnt get completed..

Be sure your using the link from the WinMXGroup  

https://www.winmxgroup.com/

So... to be sure i have asked the other person that maybe still crashing to do this for me

Rename your current C:\program files\Winmx folder to WinMX 2

Then rerun the installer and allow it to do a complete installation.. stoping the tcp and udp connection set up test and configure that manually
No proxy
TCP 6699
UDP 6257
Then install and see if it connects or crashes on you... if it works fine  then you can take that 'fourth .dll' from your new installed folder and move it to your precvious one.

Let me know if this helped you...

wavoka

Update
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 03:39:46 pm »
I uninstaled the 1.9 exe patch. Totally killed WinMx. I reinstalled it and am back using third .dll patch. It doesn't work all the time and crashes a lot, but I do get some progress, as long as I do not atte,mpt to search or use hotlist features. Every time I try it crashes.

1.9.exe crashed every time I tried it . It would connect, but would crash when I clicked on transfers.

Using XP Pro withNorton AV running. No firewalls. Also runningh Stop Sign anti virus/anti spyware.

WinMx ran pefectly on my system before the event. I would just leave it running for weeks at a time.

wavoka

fourth dll
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 03:43:16 pm »
No its a fourth dll.. so i have to suspect because i have thousands of ppl on this and so far can not confirm that anyone with this fourth dll is crashing that maybe your install didnt get completed..
================================
I stated that it did not install the 4th dll. It said there was an error. I'll try what you said.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
1.9 Pact no good
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 03:48:57 pm »
Sorry i understand totally that this is wellpt... confusing to say the least.. lol

let me know...

wavoka

Tried the suggestion
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 04:01:26 pm »
================================
I stated that it did not install the 4th dll. It said there was an error. I'll try what you said.
========================
Did as you suggested.

Rename your current C:\program files\Winmx folder to WinMX 2

Then rerun the installer and allow it to do a complete installation.. stoping the tcp and udp connection set up test and configure that manually
No proxy
TCP 6699
UDP 6257
Then install and see if it connects or crashes on you... if it works fine then you can take that 'fourth .dll' from your new installed folder and move it to your precvious one.

Those TCPs were the defaults. It loads up. I click on incompletes, it loads my incomplete list - then says the library is empty. I manual;ly load the library. Then it crashed.

wavoka

Tried it again
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 04:11:12 pm »
This tiome I reset my library before it connected. Got proper files listed this time. It took sevceral tries. Kept wanting to connect as secondary.

But I can't use search or hotlist function without it crashing.

I'm going to let it run. I have to go out for a while. If it's still running when I get back I'll be amazed.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  1.9 Pact no good

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx