gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 10, 2024, 08:17:42 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WinMx keeps crashing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMx keeps crashing  (Read 4869 times)

mallee

WinMx keeps crashing
« on: October 09, 2005, 08:34:15 am »
Keep getting a window xp message saying that WinMx has a problem and it will close. When I view the error, it is always occurring in 'ntdll.dll'. If I choose to send the message to microsoft, the cause is unknown.
I am running Windows xp sp2
WinMx 3.53 & peerguardian2
Have installed ws2_32.dll back on 2/10/05 and the newer version 7/10/05.
Have rebooted and run chkdsk without change. Am fairly certain that I have removed any fake files from my incompletes.
Problem usually occurs when 1 file is downloading and I browse a user, not necessarily the same one.
Problem only started today, 9/10/05

Any ideas

MasterYoda

Same Crash
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 06:40:55 pm »
Yeah i keep getting this same crash, since updating the ws2_32.dll file 5 minutes ago... The program worked fine before i updated this dll... The old version of the dll worked fine! Wish i could get mny hands on the old one!

Cheers!

~Yoda

KM

WinMx keeps crashing
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 08:12:24 pm »
i have just got back from a party (great) and had a quick look, looks like a 3.53 issue... old patch is on the www.winmxgroup.com home page in case you want to try that for now, i'll look at sorting out the 3.53 issue when i get back from work which i have to do to now (DOH!)

mallee

WinMx keeps crashing
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 12:55:09 am »
That's what I thought, so I reinstalled the old ws2_32.dll [which I have saved]. It made no difference. So reinstalled the new file again, and am still having the same problem. Won't run for more than about 40 mins at the most.
The thing is, it ran great for over 48 hours straight, when it was first installed, and nothing was done to the system in the 6 hours in between.
Would the beta version be the way to go?

regards

mallee

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
WinMx keeps crashing
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 04:24:01 am »
Yes some people are running fine on the Beta..

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/WinMX/Beta/winmx354beta4.zip

Let us know ..

mallee

WinMx keeps crashing
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 08:46:39 am »
I uninstalled ver. 3.53 and installed the beta version. After a little difficulty in setting it up, it's going good. Been connected for 3 hours without any troubles, so far. Downloads seem a bit slow, but that could be due to who I'm downloading from. Will let you know if it plays up again.

Thanks very much for the help.

regards

mallee

Offline burrito

• MX Hosts
microsoft error send dont send
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 08:57:42 am »
i cannot stay installed keep getting microsoft error and program not responding . when i do get online i canny connect to my room everyother room i can . is there anything u can help with when i check the pron it says huggnan exe, or somethn like that is it my page . i installed the new 32k/b patch . thank u

MasterYoda

Crashes
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 06:02:55 pm »
Hehehe... See you in the room sometime soon then burrito? If we can work out this problem? lol

MasterYoda

Still Crashing
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 06:13:54 pm »
I noticed you's had updated the site, to show the previous versions of the dll. But either still cause me to crash. For some reason, the first time I try (After changing the dll version), i stay connected for about 1 minute then crash. After its crashed though, and i dont change the patch, the program crashes as soon as i try and open it!

With the previous version of the patch; we're there any changes made to the main winmx.exe file? Or did it leave it as the same?

Or would it be possible for you to post up on the site, a tested and working patch (ws2_32.dll) and the main program (winmx.exe) in one package? Or perhaps is there a development area on this forum, that we can look over (Other developers like myself) and see what this patch actually does?

ANyway! SEE YOU IN THE ROOM BURRITO! Lol

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
WinMx keeps crashing
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 06:15:30 pm »
It sounds like a few problems here Burrito, you need to use loopback IP to connect to your own room possibly as shown here

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/loopback.html

Also I dont like the sound of that exe your reffering to, run an anti spyware or virus checker if its acting suspicously.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
WinMx keeps crashing
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 06:22:02 pm »
Hi Yoda, the patch is a basic winsock2 wrapper for what is needed and theres not much in there to see, it has a feature to download a blocklist that we have on the site for flooders, and obviously redirects the old connections to a new one.

As regards the winmx program, no one will modify it directly as that breaks the EULA, as you will appreciate thats not fair on the software owner.

MasterYoda

AN IDEA
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 06:22:35 pm »
Hey i think i just had an idea on what the problem may be?

I dont use the default ports... I modify them because my ISP blocks the default ones to stop P2P bandwidth!

If this patch forces WinMX to use the certain ports (Which i think it does... To co-enside with the new peer cache ip's)... this could be causing these crashes?

Just an idea!

~Yoda

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
WinMx keeps crashing
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 07:28:29 pm »
nope, it works with every port you select - I use 46699/46257 for instance, tried others as well without any problems
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Sosei Bars

can't find it
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 01:12:09 am »
alright...so i was getting the crash message...couldn't fix it...i removed the program and dl the beta version...now it wont make a primary connection...plus there's no desktop item to set to the screen. what the hell happened...arrggghhh!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
WinMx keeps crashing
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 01:47:39 am »
We are having an issue with the patch, its being worked on and we are trying to resolve it quickly since this is the fastest and most efficient solution for fixing your WinMX.
For now try these things to see if it fixes it.

One is to install the 3.54 beta 4 and run the Dll patch... you can find the WinMX beta 4 here:
httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/WinMX/Beta/winmx354beta4.zip

Then get this updated patch at:
https://www.winmxgroup.com/ws2_32.dll  as of 11:30pm GMT time

Once these are placed in your C:\Program Files\WinMX folder then restart WinMX and see if this helps..

If you continue to have a crashing problem please use this updated Hosts file from here:

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/winmxworld_hosts.zip

If you decide to use this hosts file you will need to make a folder to store your DLL file in, this can be inside the WinMX folder if you like. Then install the go to
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc there you will need to rename your original hosts file to 'Original hosts' then unzip this file to that folder.

Do a dns flush by going to
Start > Run type 'cmd'
Then in the dos box type 'ipconfig /flushdns' then restart your WinMX

MasterYoda

Still crashing!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2005, 05:42:26 pm »
Even with the new patch (Installer)... My WinMX is still crashing...

Anyone got any ideas why it is yet?

JetKat

WinMx keeps crashing
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2005, 04:17:37 am »
Same here.  If I remove the w2_32.dll it works fine (minus the ability to connect).  With the dll in the winmx folder, the instant winmx.exe is launched, it crashes.  I've tried all 3 dlls and the 1.9 patch.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
WinMx keeps crashing
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2005, 05:00:30 am »
JetKat, Welcome to the forums...

I have had a few that continued to have problems with the patch, usually regarding a hosts file misplaced or not having done a dns flush.

Here are the steps that I need you to take:

First I want you to insure that we start fresh...any previous fixes you have used can either be moved to a new folder you make to save for a back up or deleted completely.

1) I want you to download this original hosts file that comes with standard Windows operating systems

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/original_hosts_file.zip

For XP/2k
2) Unzip that to your C;\Windows\system32\drivers\etc folder.

For 98/ME
2) Unzip that to your C:\Windows   folder

3) Now I want you to uninstall WinMX, if you want your settings to be saved all you need to do is save the Settings.dat and the library.dat file from your existing WinMX folder into that new folder I asked you to make.
Delete any short cuts to WinMX your using now. Desktop or Start Menu ones.
After you uninstall WinMX, please verify that there is now folder in C:\Program Files\WinMX

4) Now I would like you to redownload the Install 1.9.exe from here:
https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-1.9.exe
Reason for redownload, a few folks didnt get a full download due to the size and speed of the download.
This file should be approx. 1.3MB in size on completion of download.

5) Now reboot the computer for me at this time.

6) Now run the Install 1.9.exe and make a clean installation of WinMX on your computer for XP.

7) Once this has installed if it connects fine for you at his time then you done and ready to use it.

8.) If have XP and it doesnt connect I want you to shut down WinMX and do a dns flush:

Start > Run type in 'cmd' then hit OK
Then in the dos box type 'ipconfig /flushdns' and hit enter.

9) Now restart your WinMX

Keep me posted on any progress or questions

Offline p666james

• Forum Member
WinMx keeps crashing
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 03:58:26 pm »
Hi,

I have tried the guide you posted, and no luck. I did have a play about after it had crashed, and I think it is crashing because my PC already has the dll file on the system... So I changed the name of w2_32.dll to w2_32a.dll and it loaded WinMX fine, but then lost the ability to connect. :(

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WinMx keeps crashing

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx