gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 09:30:32 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  connecting to winmx
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: connecting to winmx  (Read 1845 times)

mill

connecting to winmx
« on: November 30, 2005, 07:10:20 pm »
i didn't want to post on someone elses post so sorry if i was supposed to or its already been covered and i didn't see it i use aol,winmx3.53,windowsME and i installed the 98/me patch now i'm wondering about the tcp connection section of the setup wizard and the udp one should i choose yes i need tcp as outgoing connection and yes this computer can send and recieve udp outgoing packets if i have a 56k connection which i do or choose no for both tcp and udp options?????? thank you for your help whoever answers i will be so glad if i ever conncect to winmx again..........

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
connecting to winmx
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 07:32:51 pm »
Hi Mill

When you set up the patch for the first time it should detect those settings for you on default ports, however it doesnt always.

For a 56k connection I would do the following.  Allow the installation to continue but during the Test for TCP connection just tell it you wish to configure it manually.  

When its all installed, go to your WinMX Settings and choose 'Incoming TCP Connection' .. there you will see two options.  Tick the First one 'Listen On Port 6699 for TCP connection.

Then look at 'IN/OUT UDP Connections'.. there set this to Send and Reveive on port 6257.  

Now restart your WinMX as a Secondary connection.  

You should be able to connect like this fine, uploads and downloads should work fine also..

mill

thank you for trying to help me here
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 08:29:50 pm »
i still can't connect i did what you said the yellow light is still blinking and has been doing so for a while in the lower left corner it hasn't been saying connect for a long time some of the times i tried to connect almost as if it was gonna connect i'm not sure what else to do just yet what do you suggest i think i also have winmx3.54beta4 also but just using winmx3.53 to try and connect at the moment any ideas?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
connecting to winmx
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 09:21:15 pm »
Yes Mill sounds like you need to start from a clean slate though...

This post I made will give you instructions on how get all the fixes off the computer, allowing you to start from scratch.

If you have never had a Hosts file installed to connect to WinMX and have ONLY tried the Install 1.9 patch from the WinMX Group/our home page, then you can go to step 3 on that post and begin there.

If your unsure its my advice to just follow the instructions completely...

When your done with these steps please let me know how your doing.

Click Here for instructions if your still NOT connected

mill

connecting to winmx
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 06:06:27 pm »
thank you me here i finally got connected and its great thank you!!!!!!! :-*

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
connecting to winmx
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 06:08:54 pm »
YES!! Another user back online ... whooties...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  connecting to winmx

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx