gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 06:56:36 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  winmx and browser open together causing problems
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: winmx and browser open together causing problems  (Read 2176 times)

Offline bamboleo

• Forum Member
winmx and browser open together causing problems
« on: July 11, 2010, 05:10:39 pm »
winmx 3.53 community patch 1.0
cable

so i open winmx and get a secondary connection and everything is ok.
when i open a browser, IE or Firefox, the cursor starts freezing and unfreezing continuously and i lose the winmx connection.
i close winmx and still the cursor freezes.
i close the browser and it takes a few minutes to get back to normal.
but then i open the browser and it will not connect and the same if i reopen winmx.
i have to reboot the machine.
this just started happening recently.
i have all auto update services turned off.  even the antivirus which i updated manually.
i dunno.
thanks for any help.

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
Re: winmx and browser open together causing problems
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 06:49:52 pm »

The first thing i would do is run Malwarebytes its free and a anti virus scan just to make sure your pc is clean then maybe  check  your RAM memory as that could be causing the freezing, you can download free memory testing programs.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 07:08:30 pm »
and when you've done that, look at what ports your winmx runs on, if its 80 or 443 or 8080 they are http ports for the web,

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline bamboleo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 08:33:14 pm »
i run malware et. al. regularly and everything checks out.
i just checked and the winmx port is on 6699.
as far as the ram, i recently activated Outlook and discovered the Office Diagnostic.
i ran that and one of the tests is a Memory diagnostic which was ok.
is that test good enough or do i need something more sophisticated?

the only other thing i can think of is i to use compressed air on the laptop vents.

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 09:22:29 pm »

i believe microsoft do a free memory tester, the compressed air would be fine. try having a look in event viewer in control panel  adminastative tools for any errors occuring at the times of your issue thsi may lead you to the cause. If you have 2 sticks of RAM memory try takin 1 stick out  run the programs if the problem still happens put that stick back in and try the other stick out.

Offline bamboleo

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 01:24:23 pm »
i checked the Event Log.

before going to bed i opened WinMx and this morning the blue screen was up which happens if i do not disconnect before i close WinMx when it hangs.the blue screen message is:
"...Driver IRQL Not less or equal..."
etc...

the Event is:
Micosoft Office 12 Event 5000

EventType offdiag12, P1 d75b5b25-dffb-435b-9410-dffd02774d611babec39-a797-447c-a472-824f2cd1c338, P2 NIL, P3 NIL, P4 NIL, P5 NIL, P6 NIL, P7 NIL, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NIL.

i searched and it seems to have something to do with Outlook and 2007.
but Outlook is not running.

at first i thought it might be the
Crypt32 Event 11 errors
Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab> with error: A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.

but right after there are successful Crypt32 events.

i looked that up and someone said they unchecked the 'Update Root Certificates'.
but if i do that how do i update that manually.

thanks for any help.

maybe i should go back to a Restore point which i set several months ago and i know is good.

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 01:44:44 pm »

Maybe uninstall office see if that resolves your issue, then re install it or get a different version if it proceeds to be the root of your problem.

hmmm

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 04:30:05 pm »
open task manager while the freezing is happening (may take some effort because of the freezing), click the second tab, click prcessor at the top to get the highest % at the top, the process at the top now is most likely the one causing the trouble

btw if you re using a download manager (most likely hammer) ..try killing it and see what happens then ;)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  winmx and browser open together causing problems

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx