gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 08:22:40 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Government backs away from web snooping plans
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Government backs away from web snooping plans  (Read 742 times)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
Government backs away from web snooping plans
« on: August 04, 2010, 08:19:22 pm »
The federal government has moved to distance itself from its controversial web snooping plans during the election campaign and the decision to hide details from the public. Attorney-General Robert McClelland yesterday defended his department censoring about 90 per cent of a secret government document, obtained under freedom of information (FoI) laws, outlining plans to snoop on Australians’ web surfing. He said the proposed policy – which could see individuals’ web browsing history stored for law enforcement – was “not something the government is driving as an issue”. Rather, it was driven by the Attorney-General’s Department. “To be frank, I haven’t seen the document,” McClelland said. “I literally haven’t seen the document. I don’t know the content and I’m not in a position to judge whether those redactions are or are not appropriate. I haven’t been a party to the negotiations.” However, this website is aware that the censored document had to pass through McClelland’s office before it was released.
Sydney Morning Herald
Attorney-General: I’m not to blame for censoring Web monitoring documents

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Re: Government backs away from web snooping plans
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:45:16 am »
Don't you just love governments that say they allow freedom of information and then do everything to prevent it. It's seems freedom of information for big corporations is one thing, but freedom of information to individuals is another.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Government backs away from web snooping plans

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx