gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 06:39:32 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Having problems connecting to network.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Having problems connecting to network.  (Read 6912 times)

Offline Old_Trekee

• Forum Member
Having problems connecting to network.
« on: July 07, 2009, 01:53:06 am »
I've been having problems connecting to the network the last 4 or 5 days. It just keeps saying connecting. This happens mostly during the day. I'm running Vista Ultimate and WinMx 3.54 Beta. Downloaded the complete install again last week and installed it. Still the same problem.

Also, getting Connection Refused on many of my uploads and downloads. Others connect without any problem and we get good speeds.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate any help you can give me.

One more thing, I'm on Hughes Net satelite service.

Thanks again

Old Trekee

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
Re: Having problems connecting to network.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 02:14:39 am »
What site are you getting the patch from and how are you trying to connect secondary or primary?
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline Old_Trekee

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 06:40:20 am »
I got the download from  https://patch.winmxconex.com/ and I'm making a secondary connection. On satelite my upload speed is only 128 and my download is 700.

Thanks again.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 02:40:41 pm »
Im thinking it could be due to connection latency. As for the connection refused it sounds like you have a blocked port maybe? Or that for some reason your IP is firewalled on their end.
Be carefull with the satelite they employ a "fair use" policy and if you exceed that usage then your speed gets dropped to like 1kb per second if your even lucky enough to get that.

Offline Old_Trekee

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 04:47:55 am »
Believe me the "fair use" policy sucks. I'm only allowed 200MB download in 24 hours. They don't keep track of the upload usage.

Been trying to connect for over 9 hours now and no luck. Anything I can do about latency?

Thanks again.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 02:24:40 pm »
Open your winmx settings click internet connection from the drop down tab select use an external DNS server to resolve host name addresses.

One of the faster ones that i know of is 4.2.2.5
Or if your good with command line ping all the caches in the oledlg.ini file and replace the domain with the ips.
But im sure at somepoint someone will read this and smite me for suggesting it because those names point to multiple addresses and you might not even get one from them.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 02:59:23 pm »
Nope, we have had issues before with satellite, something to do with most of it being via a proxy, and i dont ever recall me ever helping that person and actually getting it to work, so good suggestion on that part and very much worth a try.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Old_Trekee

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 05:55:46 am »
Thanks for the suggestions. Tried external DNS. Didn't help. Don't know what time it goes off during the day, but it seems to come back around 1:00 AM every nite. Seems awfully  strange to me.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 10:07:51 pm »
This sounds like ISDN service being kicked on and off.

Basically what they do is during peak usage hours deny any non http/ftp traffic. rendering everything else useless but assuring majority of their customers have a nice "surfing" experience.

Offline QueenTweety559

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 10:49:25 pm »
I am having problems connecting to winmx. Recently I reinstalled the software and it didn't work. I also went into the firewall area and made sure it wasn't being blocked and downloaded the community patch. After doing all of these things I still can't get connected.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 11:03:59 pm »
hi Tweety,

please try to give as much info as you can, like.. what is you operating system (windows, vista, windows7 etc.), are you behind a router, did you try secondary or primary connection, what s the firewall you use
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline QueenTweety559

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 10:59:43 pm »
I have windows xp. My winmx uses  a secondary connection and My firewall is called windows firewall. I don't know if I have a router. Let me know if you need anything else.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 06:25:15 am »
Try downloading WinMX from the below link (if you havent already done so)

https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Run the installer and see how that works out for you (3.54 recommended)

Post back here and let us know

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 03:20:17 pm »
also remove winmx firewall exeptions before restarting winmx, then see if the firewall asks you to allow it
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline QueenTweety559

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 12:20:46 am »
I reinstalled the win mx using the website that you gave me. I am still getting the flashing yellow light.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 09:23:03 am »
I have windows xp. My winmx uses  a secondary connection and My firewall is called windows firewall. I don't know if I have a router. Let me know if you need anything else.

ok the router question is, how do you connect to the net?
it will be either direct cable via a cable modem,  cable through a set top box with your TV,  dsl through a phone socket attachment  or  a wirless router,
most roputers have built in firewalls, so if you have a router, make not of make/model and visit portforward,
they have set-up guides with diagrams to make it easy, Click Here To Visit Them

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline ms.mimi

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 04:39:04 am »
My daughter and I are both on 2wire and both have the same default gateway #.  When we are both connected to WinMx, we are both using the dominant (mine) computer.  How can we separate these.  We each have our own ip address but all the rest are the same.  I tried the "static" ip address method, but it also uses the default gateway ip # .  Any help appreciated.  Thanks, Mimi

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2010, 07:01:13 am »
every instance of WinMx on the same network should have it's own set of ports so if you and your daughter are in the same network your computers will each have a different local IP and the same gateway
set your tcp port at 16699 and udp 16257 and
your daughters at tcp 26699 and udp 26257
these portnumbers are examples and keep in mind that all ports need to be forwarded to the proper local IP.

hope this helps

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Having problems connecting to network.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 26 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx