gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 08:11:25 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Has anyone seen this?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Has anyone seen this?  (Read 7533 times)

Offline WhiteLightningX

• OurMX Support Group
Has anyone seen this?
« on: August 16, 2010, 08:52:47 am »
I was on google and typed in "winmx," and the second or third result down was this website called winmxphoenix.webs.com.  It was above the winmxworld result. So being curious and all I clicked it. Has anyone else here been to it and checked it out? Just curious.

What was weird is that I went back to google 5 minutes later and typed in "winmx" again just as before, and it was gone. :alien: I was thinking I've been up for too long :tired: lol

The only way I could find it afterwards was if i typed "winmx phoenix," so I guess it's really real and I wasn't asleep dreaming with keyboard imprints on my face :ugly:

Any thoughts?

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
Re: Has anyone seen this?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 09:21:05 am »
Hi WhiteLightningX,
i do know of winmx phoenix, its 1 guy that has opened his own site, he has ideas of making a new winmx client, but needs programmers to created it, its nothing new, alot of people are like him, myself included, i cant program to save my life, but i just try to help anyone with the tools and knowledge we have.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:40:13 am »
You can read about that project on slycks in the winmx forum area, I personally dont see it getting too far off the ground as having spoken to the chap on 2 occcasions its pretty clear he has no idea of either what to do or how to go about it, I did invite him to pass by here more often to see if we could help put some skin and bones on his project but he seems to prefer to post on slycks and still has a donation box on his site so I,m not really expecting much except disappointment from the guy, his co site operator chris seemed a little more clued up and interested in getting the project off the ground but  "BogusCash" is in my book a non starter for heading up anything.

If you all want to give money away I,ll publish a list of worthy charities, giving money to a winmx client project is not the way ahead and likely to be sued then hijacked by the cartel at some stage unless it is open src, that is their current method of attacking p2p networks.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 09:58:27 pm »
the co-site operator, 'chris' is none other than RReactor...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 10:18:29 pm »
Thats interesting I wonder why he didnt identify himself, I hope the fact he didnt doesnt mean this is some sort of scam however lets look at the good side of this,  I have no axe to grind with Reactor if he needs help or support he need only contact me, I dont mind helping our old staff out if they want to go it alone as he chose to.

[Upodate] I just spoke to reactor and he has stated to me that he is not "chris" can I ask where this information came from Bluey ?

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 10:32:09 pm »
RReactor is a very paranoid guy and I doubt he would ever ask for help from you Ghost. Very shady for them to be taking donations towards a WinMX client when they have no coding skills to speak of.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 10:42:46 pm »
I have always got on well with Reactor Pri I know he had a few differences with some folks but as he has just said its not him I dont see any point in us digging any further seems a clear cut case of mistaken identity.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 02:18:58 am »
When I made my post the update wasn't there or I wouldn't of said it obviously. But in any event what I said was true.

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 07:16:48 am »
When I made my post the update wasn't there or I wouldn't of said it obviously. But in any event what I said was true.

I agree with this post.

And that makes a lot more sense that RReactor is behind that website. Just reassures it wont get anywhere...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 10:45:35 am »
Before we get carried away on a witch hunt can anyone claiming that reactor is "chris either show some proof or stop saying it as its really not fair to make statements that are not supported with any proof, lets be fair about this please.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 10:11:27 pm »
I was quietly in RReactors room when he was buddying with Bogus Cash and saw things said...
might even have a log, dunno...

And stuff that was on the 'website' early in the piece

Those 2 have been chumming for a while, so call it circumstantial if you like, but i am fairly sure...

BC did come and present his case in WMW Help but got rebuffed, so went off elsewhere and found a fertile place in RR's room

RR may have no beef with you, GS, but he has been pretty bitter toward most of the active admins in the help room
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline hussam

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 04:31:27 am »
you know i sure would like to know where you think up these tales man you should be a fantasy book writter

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 07:52:28 am »
Funny how the majority agree that rr is a nut job. Majority must be correct.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 08:16:31 am »
Simba If you have nothing to say but make personal attacks then your posts will be removed out of the public gaze, this topic is not here for such activity but simply to discuss the project (or lack of) being undertaken elsewhere, hold your tongue please.

Btw did any of you see the winmx wiki entry theses folks have put up advertising this project ?

I myself went to hunt BC down to see what the plan of action was but he seemed less that bothered to get things rolling so that's why I formed my opinion the way I did, however brings a project to fruit needs to be committed and to take help when its offered and that's something BC certainly was not doing.

Bluey : I do understand many folks have had a run in with Reactor but I know what went wrong initially and always feel if we can heal a rift with the aid of some time its better for us all than to fight amongst ourselves, from what I,m reading you believe its Reeactor but there is scope for doubt ?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 08:49:08 am »
did any of you see the winmx wiki entry theses folks have put up advertising this project ?

thats how i had to find it since google didnt give it to me for a search of 'winmx'

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 09:01:58 am »
I knew about the site when BC come in mine looking for help, he can make a site [well anyone can in 2 mins with freewebs ready made templates]
what he wanted was coders to build a winmx replacement, i thought he would have a very hard job on his hands,
he hasn't been back to my room since.
to be honest, i dont know who Chris or Bogus Cash or Reactor is, Reactor is a member of mine and Rebelion, and to be honest again, does it matter if Reactor is Chris or is not Chris, other people want to take over WinMx too.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 09:10:53 am »
I hope your not implying we have tried to take over WinMx Max , out of anyone we have done our best here to share tools and technology with the other main support groups and arranged for the caches to be run by folks who wanted to help winmx survive, our aim is always to share the load and share the enjoyment of keeping winmx alive, thats why I went to hunt down this Cash chap to offer help but he seemed pretty much unaware of what such a project requires in the way of either coders or other support information they would need and wasnt in a rush to take the information even when offered, thats sort of a bad sign in my book.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 09:13:43 am »
No GS im not implying that to you or WMW,
it was aimed at another that shall we say still holds a cache that is unsafe and non blocking, i thought that was obvious.

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 03:38:45 pm »
Simba If you have nothing to say but make personal attacks then your posts will be removed out of the public gaze

The non-existent censorship at work again.

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 03:46:30 pm »
But anyways I won't make anymore personal attacks. :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Has anyone seen this?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx