gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 10:20:11 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  XP TCP limit
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: XP TCP limit  (Read 14319 times)

Offline Valor

• Forum Member
XP TCP limit
« on: November 12, 2005, 07:46:08 am »
I usually use the windows xp anti-patch from LVLLORD since windows xp introduced the "limit concurrent tcp connections to 10" to its list of experiments. No windows version before or since has it, microsoft knowledge base says it is to "stop the spread of worms". :roll:
Some post sp2 xp update I got the other day reset it back to default and  effected my winmx by limiting the amount of chatrooms I could have open to 4. You may also experience poor dl/ul performance.. I reran the patch and things are back to normal.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
Re: XP TCP limit
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 02:29:11 am »
I've been getting that TCP limit break error in event viewer myself. You using IE7 beta 2?
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 05:29:49 am »
You may just have to reapply the patch after any windows update that affects the net, it probably got replaced with a newer version.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 11:03:39 am »
Think it might have been an ms patch actually helped me fix mine. KB409492 I thnk. Reinstalled it a while ago and it seems to be running fine now.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 07:05:05 pm »
Ok i have sent lots of folks this way for this patch, seems lately for what ever reason lots of problems... maybe updates maybe just noticing it more.. any way .. here is how you do this:

http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads&PHPSESSID=4e5b4fdb255c412cb7291fa5410cc4fc

Go to the above link:  then choose the Top Patch for instructions in English

Then once its downloaded you will run it, by double clicking it..
This will open a DOS Box
In the Dos Box you will see the words :
'Do you really want to change the limit to 50?  type in a 'c' for change
Then you will be able to type in a number, please type in  200
Now a window will come up warning you about changing system files and begin to undo what you have fixed.. please select cancel.
Now you will see it ask you:
'Do you really want to change your limit to 200?'  please select y for yes
Now it will prompt you to exit.. do so and reboot your machine for changes to take effect.

Offline Valor

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 11:07:37 pm »
yes, one of the June windows XP updates[KB917953] reverts it back to 10 again, so for those people who already used the patch and have updated their windows, you need to apply the patch again 

crow

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 06:52:37 am »
i havnt had any problems yet with my pc,but was directed here for patch. i plan on trying to host room or co when necessary so will update if any problems later. and thanks peeps for the help. have a great day!!!  THE CROW

Offline Mytheroo

• Forum Member
  • Wanna lick?
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 02:37:10 pm »
the 10 limit should be for concurrent connection attempts....not for just concurrent connections. I've noticed a difference in bitTorrent, but never in winmx
There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 02:14:56 am »
I agree Myth however when a person is using multiple opennaps, lots of rooms.. browsing lots of ppl (one time we saw a screen shot of over 100 browse and whois windows open) .. just sometimes it helps.. and it definatly cant hurt anything to raise this limit..

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 05:57:30 pm »
Whilst looking around the web I found this useful free tool that will help those with this problem also.

You can get it from here.

http://xp-antispy.org/

The xp-AntiSpy is a little utility that lets you disable some built-in update and authentication 'features' in WindowsXP.
For example, there's a service running in the background which is called 'Automatic Updates'. I don't know what this service transfers from my machine to other machines on the internet, especially the MS ones. So I play it safe and disable such functions. If you like, you can even disable these functions manually, by going through the System and checking or unchecking some checkboxes. This will take you approximately half an hour. But why wast time when a little neat utility can do the same in 1 minute? This utility was successfully tested by lots of users, and was found to disable all the known 'Suspicious' Functions in WindowsXP. It's customiseable, but comes up with the Default settings, which are recommended. This utility is DONATIONWARE! This means, you don't have to pay anything for this program and you can give it to anyone who's interested in it, as long as you don't sell it. If you find this tool useful, and wanna gimme something back, think about donating a small amount of money.

You,ll notice it does a lot more that just fix the connection issue which you can find under the "special" menu at the top, it will give you a whole lot of information about potential security holes that you may wish to close yourself.

*EDIT* updated url
Heres a pic to show you the connection settings

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 10:28:16 pm »
Nice 1 GhostShip  :)

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 01:34:02 am »
Usefull prog saves manually making adjustments to stop all those annoyance's ... thanks ghost  :)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 07:53:57 am »
And here is one I found for Vista and have used myself. Works great and virus free.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 10:42:05 am »
Thats a pretty old way of patching now nooks. i probably should of made a post about this little tool earlyer.
Its called tcp-z. Ive been using it for a long time now. I follow its updates via this site  http://deepxw.blogspot.com/  Now ive used his on both windows vista 64/32 and XP32 and it works a charm. Its a bit of a pain in the arse of vista 64 due to al the added security inbuilt to 64bit windows. An due to this issue was the reason why i scrapped vista 64 and went down to vista 32 bit. But the tool explains how to get round the 64bit probs.

With the method in tcp-Z the patch is done in memory. So no actual modification is done to any windows system files and any updates etc dont wipe out the tcpip.sys in vista and require re-patching. All you have to do is run the program after you boot up and patch an its active.

**edit, works with windows 7 too  :D**
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 11:31:54 pm »
Another great patcher avalable from here supports Operating system: Windows XP SP1(x64)/SP2(x86,x64)/SP3, Server 2003 SP1(x86)/SP2(x86,x64), Server 2008(x86,x64), Vista without SP(x86,x64) and with SP1(x86,x64), 7 beta(x86,x64).
Interface language: English and Russian.

http://www.half-open.com/history_en.htm

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 09:17:22 am »
Nice programme that hell, well done 8)
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 11:47:31 am »
Thanks m8 its one i often use whilst creating custom o/s here

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  XP TCP limit

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx