gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 04:45:53 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  MPAA DOS'd
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MPAA DOS'd  (Read 1330 times)

MPAA DOS'd
« on: September 18, 2010, 06:50:53 am »
The users at 4chan, a popular image board responsible for many Internet memes such as the Rickroll, lolcats, and the “Anonymous” assault on the Church of Scientology, publicly announced a coordinated DDoS attack against the Motion Picture Association of America in retaliation for the hiring of an Indian based software firm, which carried out similar attacks on The Pirate Bay and other file sharing sites.

Update:  The attack against MPAA.org started shortly after 9:00 PM EST and took only 8 minutes to bring the entire site to a screeching halt.

article on Pandalabs

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Re: MPAA DOS'd
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 08:06:23 am »
I’m not sure this is the way to go, but I can understand the sentiment behind the attack.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 02:18:30 pm »
Agreed Bees, I think all this really does is create work for some poor hosting company, or if the site is hosted by MPAA staff themselves, some poorsysadmin.

The generals at the top would be unaffected besides from having to read a few extra emails and maybe an extra topic on the agenda of the next meeting.

I guess the question is, if ALL of those people who took part in the attack wrote to their local member or most closely affiliated loby group, expressing their outrage, how much would it achieve.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 11:01:57 pm »
I guess the question is, if ALL of those people who took part in the attack wrote to their local member or most closely affiliated loby group, expressing their outrage, how much would it achieve.

with the DMCA, ACTA, and HADOPI around? absolutely nothing.... they arent listening to the ppl as is...

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 11:26:28 pm »
My take on this matter is that the paymasters of criminals at these commercial anti p2p operations are being attacked by other criminals, do two rights make a wrong ?  Usually not, this simply serves to remind all of us that for every action there is a reaction to restore the general balance of the cosmos  :gum:

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 11:28:12 pm »
And I wonder would they just stop at the MPAA...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  MPAA DOS'd

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx