gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:30:58 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  SPAM OR NOT? Please help me URGENT!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SPAM OR NOT? Please help me URGENT!!!!!  (Read 4006 times)

Offline dee371

• Forum Member
SPAM OR NOT? Please help me URGENT!!!!!
« on: October 03, 2010, 10:40:17 am »
When I'm searching for files, this line appears in the results

'Please make sure your patch is up to date'

This is from Helping_hand_840_12345

Can anyone tell me what's going on here

Regards, Dee371

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: SPAM OR NOT? Please help me URGENT!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 11:08:45 am »
yeah ive been seeing this one too... good question... and no im not using the pie patch... what patch are you using dee?

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 11:18:31 am »
Hi Guys

The team from Mxpie.info are no longer supporting MxPie v3.6. The team from MxPie.info now stand behind the community developed patch.

The message has been sent out to prompt users to visit a help room or forum to ensure they have the most up to date patch.

If you are using MxPie v3.6, please update. You can click on Patch at the top of this page.

I hope this information helps.

Happy winmxing!
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 11:20:28 am »
checked with the chatroom... its showing for everyone... but its intent is to get the retro pie 3.6 users to the new pie patch... @ https://www.winmx4u.com current users of the community patch in all its incarnations are good...

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 12:59:06 pm »
Helping hands is of course a bot thats been deployed to urge folks to get off the old unblocking host file patches, this message should only be appearing to those using non community/united  patches  and is not a cause for alarm, I have been briefed on this action but wasnt sure when it would take place so my apologies if anyone has been taken by surprise or was alarmed, this action is not being carried out directly by wmw, however we do support the securing of the network from flooders and data miners.

Immediate action : check your using a united or community patch and if so safely ignore the msg, it will go away once the flooders are driven from our midst.

Cheers folks  :)

Offline SkyPie

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 07:58:05 am »
I am a newbie to being active in this forum, but not to WinMX (been here since Napster went away oh so long ago  -  and this forum has kept me that way). However I am also "concerned" with this search result, and the advice  -- "Immediate action : check your using a united or community patch and if so safely ignore the msg"  -- is consoling, but please, tell me how!   Is it as simple as checking that it still says  - "WinMX Community Patch 1.0 -Thanks EaglE" -  is there --- or is there more I should inspect/check?  Thanks in advance to all of you who have kept this going! I try to my part by ALWAYS sharing a lot of files, even with those who are just sharing a few  -- and staying online for long stretches ...

Offline sharing sarah

• Forum Member
  • A Music & Movie Spectrum_F135E44219F6
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 01:32:12 pm »
Yes it is that simple hun :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  SPAM OR NOT? Please help me URGENT!!!!!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx