gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 10:48:36 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  A Stronger Winmx Community
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Stronger Winmx Community  (Read 2841 times)

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
A Stronger Winmx Community
« on: October 01, 2010, 04:17:18 am »
Hi All  

It has been a work in progress for everyone who has been involved. There are too many to thank individually, however, a big thank you to everyone that been involved.

As of today all of the major winmx help groups stand behind one patch.

Over this weekend and some of next week we will be helping users move from the obsolete patch to the community patch.

Until the community patch was released by EaglE, winmx had 3 different major help groups. Two of these united behind the community patch after the initial released by EaglE. The last group now officially stands behind the community patch.

Welcome a stronger winmx community as the major help groups stand united behind the community patch.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: A Stronger Winmx Community
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 10:31:47 am »
This is the good news we have been waiting to hear Tig , I,m sure all of those in the community who hate the flooders and data miners will rejoice at this news, by ensuring all of the big groups have a real  stake in the network and its operation and sharing vital technology to level the playing field we have at last reached a happy place where we are all content to work together in both securing the network and working again towards its expansion, if we have trust with each other we all gain, I thank all the members of pie who have taken the leap of faith to join us on the community patch and  look forward to a better future for WinMX and its strong community, we go from strength to strength as a united force.

Offline Raps

• POD
  • WinMX4u
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 03:06:28 pm »
Thank you Tig and GhostShip. Allot of WinMX user should know by now that the MXPie team are no longer working at mxpie.info website or at the forum.mxpie.info, after we decided as a group/team to join the community and remove the MXPie Patch 3.6 from the network we did have one person on our team who objected to this without any good reason, and that person is Sabre911... We have over thrown Sabre and sacked him. He is no longer any part of the MXPie team however he is still hosting the domain name mxpie.info and website/forum through his computer and there’s not much we can do to remove it legally... our new website can be found at winmx4u.com and the our new forum should be reachable later on today at forum.winmx4u.com.

As a replacement for MXPie Patch 3.6 users, we are now offering our latest “MXPie Patch United v1.0”. Yes, we are using the same source code as the WinMX Community patch written by Eagle however the WinMX Community Patch and the MXPie Patch United do differ slightly... Both WinMX Community Patch and MXPie Patch United are sharing the same source code, using and sharing the same peer caches and the WinMX default block list. Both patches are able to use UPnP however in the WinMX Community patch the UPnP is enabled by default but in the MXPie Patch United we have by default the UPnP disabled... 

Our aim now is to remove the MXPie Patch 3.6 from the network and offer MXPie Patch users our new version of Pie patch “MXPie Patch United v1.0”. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at WinMXWorld and the community for all your help and commitment to the WinMX project. You guys and girls have been very helpful, thank you.

Offline BeatDoctor

• Core
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 01:57:31 am »
Yes, the guys from WmW have been helpful at this and that's appreciated. Tons of hours have been used to get this far. And when we're there I think. What do we do now?
Anyway, so far the flag 'United ' have worked and I see forward to many years of unity. :)
WinMX Community United

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 02:23:27 am »
A hearty WELCOME!!!
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 12:56:57 am »
so far the flag 'United ' have worked and I see forward to many years of unity

Excellent words Beat, as a fellow WinMX user I,m more than pleased we can all work to the task of rebuilding and improving our lot, and by removing any barriers between ourselves we have been able to reach a place we are both happy to be, to the future  :-D

Offline sharing sarah

• Forum Member
  • A Music & Movie Spectrum_F135E44219F6
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 05:47:19 am »
The community just got a lot stronger :)

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 11:23:28 am »
This is a milestone that many have been waiting for.

Who would have imagined that we would have a complete united community that can now offer stronger and more productive help and development to our beloved client and it's users. Who would have imagined that we would all be working together to gain the same goals and expectations.

All we need now is for KM to maybe come back and show us what he as been doing while he as been away, (Knock Knock), OMG is that him.

I think we have enough brute force to show the RIAA and any other people who wanna step in our waay
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  A Stronger Winmx Community

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx