gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 01, 2024, 01:53:43 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  WinMX, Windows or other problem..
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX, Windows or other problem..  (Read 3251 times)

Offline itsme

• Forum Member
WinMX, Windows or other problem..
« on: October 09, 2010, 01:13:42 pm »
I had 4 uploads running smoothly (90 KB/sec total) and 10 downloads (200 KB/sec total). And a list of files, about 80, all blue and most of them with low numbers in the remote queue. About 6 even number 1 in the remote queue.

But, ones of sudden, all the blue ones turned red and 2 uploads timed out while the other 2 dropped to only 5 KB/sec each. All the downloads weren't affected. After about 10 minutes the uploads went back to 4 with a speed of 90 KB/sec. Unfortunately the blue list (now red) slowly became blue again, but now I'm at the end of the queues  :( :( :(
I have WinMX up and running for 3 days non-stop and have waited for some files for 3 days to become number 1 in the queue. Do I have to wait another 3 days again, only to be dropped out and be back and the end of the queue  :cry:

What is going on ???

The hard drive where my uploads and shares are going from doesn't seem to have any problem. And my internet connection wasn't reset either.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
Re: WinMX, Windows or other problem..
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 01:49:33 pm »
well there's a number of factors,
1, if your on DSL, your speed may rise and fall like a rollercoaster,
2, if the other party is on DSL, same effect,
3, either users can have problems, like some ISP's throttle at different times,
4, either users connecting to messenger or browsing the net at same time can effect flow,
5, if either user has more than 1 pc, connecting to internet/winmx/messenger on another one will affect flow,
6, they may have deliberately canceled your position in queue in favour of a friend.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 01:12:26 pm »
was there anything you did at the time everything started to drop? like maybe search or request a new roomlist?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline itsme

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 01:43:09 pm »
Still don't know why it happens. I started WinMX v3.43 beta 4 about 80 hours ago. After non-stop up- and downloading it sort of reset it  itself after 42 hours. The queue dropped to 0. Uploads weren't affected, downloads weren't affected. But my long list of blue files all went red. With at least 6 I was finally the first in the remote queue. Eventually the list became blue again, but I came at the end of the remote queues.
Then after 32 hours the same. Not all the files in the blue list went red this time, but most did. Again at the end of the remote queues. Damn!!
For some files I only need 6 MB to complete them, but this way it seems I have to wait another week or so to get them, if ever!!

Now WinMX shows I'm online for about 5 hours.

My ISP doesn't care what I do and when I do it. With torrents I have had months were I uploaded > 200 gig and downloaded > 600 gig. The internet connection isn't reset during the last 4 days. My computer doesn't seem to have any problem and the hard-drive isn't to hot either (30 degrees Celsius).
I do have more machines and have WinMX running as to only (for as far as that is possible in Windows) application on one machine. The others aren't doing anything on the internet (well only collect mail ones per hour).

To me it seems like a WinMX problem. Can't think of anything else.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 02:24:59 pm »
If you re using the right patch (comunity patch or United Pie) the problem is not WinMX but the way it's set up

since you did not answer my previous question i must admit i'm wondering if it would help to ask a whole bunch of questions but here we go anyway:

- what operating system are you using?
- do you use the right patch (mentioned above)?
- are you running winmx secondary or primary?
- have you opened ports in your router? if so ... is the IP of the machine running winmx set to have a static IP?
- are you a new user or did this problem not exist for you in the past?

please give as much relevant info you can think of (exept private info) this may help people to help you  :yes:

personally i don t like remote que ... try getting into que for real

oooh and if winmx says 5 hours that would mean winmx lost connection 5 hours ago and reconnected at that point (this would not always disconnect all downloads/que but it can)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline itsme

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 03:11:14 pm »
- what operating system are you using?
Windows system is Windows XP English with SP2 installed.

- do you use the right patch (mentioned above)?
Aren't these (comunity patch or United Pie) supposed to be already build-in inside WinMX version 4.43 beta 4?? Anyway, I didn't install any patch. Just installed this version of WinMx and it did run smoothly for the first 8 days.

- are you running winmx secondary or primary?
It is running as secondary.

- have you opened ports in your router? if so ... is the IP of the machine running winmx set to have a static IP?
Routing is setup and the Windows machine is having the same IP address all the time already. (I do run my own server and therefore also my own dhcp server)

- are you a new user or did this problem not exist for you in the past?
Newbie user. Only using WinMX for about 2 weeks.

Your answer raises a new question. How do you get into the queue for real, instead of the remote queue?

Offline itsme

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 03:44:08 pm »
Did notice that in the top right part of WinMX it says, WinMX Community Patch 1.0 - Thanks EagIE <FSR=8 BC=0>
So it seems the community patch is installed.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  WinMX, Windows or other problem..

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.006 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx