gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 05, 2024, 01:33:23 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Upload - Download issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Upload - Download issues  (Read 2855 times)

beach954

Upload - Download issues
« on: June 20, 2006, 10:09:58 pm »
I have the newest patch working but notice that I now only have 5 or 6 people in queue at any time. I used to have a full queue almost all the time. Also having issues where someone can download from me but I can not download from them or visaversa. Even when one of us is already going? Any help? I use a primary connection

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Upload - Download issues
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 10:39:04 pm »
Hi Beach954 , its an unfortunate fact that sometimes the users in the que are not always real  , this is simply another way to stop you sharing your files with others, now that many of those activities can be blocked expect maybe less ques with more genuine users.

Let us know in a week or so if your seeing the same pattern as we always like to watch for strange occurances.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 10:43:37 pm »
Beach there has been lots of 'Newest patches' lately from the other folks so just to be sure you do have a patch from
www.winmxgroup.com/ that you downloaded and isntalled after June 6th.  This is the lastest one and should help to stablize most connection issues.

As for not as many in queue, I am on the 3.0 myself and actually have seen more users in queue, this could be just the amount of traffic that are online at the time you are.. it also could be your ports however if your uploads and downloads actualloy are going then its likely not an issue with your set up.

not to harp..but the pie users are having serious issues connecting and staying connected, esp any on an outdated hosts file.. which from what i have seen are anything from 5.4.3.4 3.1 down.. (3.1 for short).

For now if your worried feel free to come by the room at
WinMxWorld.com Help_E3D7EFD50D3D

And let us test your set up.. I talked with a user this evening and hes having just the opposite problem.. can download from a users that cant upload from him.. if you are that users I would like to have you visit us..

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 05:59:28 am »
, its an unfortunate fact that sometimes the users in the que are not always real , this is simply another way to stop you sharing your files with others,

Does that mean that when it is their turn, they will simply keep timing out? I had this porblem lately and thought that it was a problem with my ports rather than winmx.... I had one user queue me with over 100 songs... Very unlikey for any user to do.... All kept timing out.. Messages could not be sent. But it has stopped now I guess.
So thankyou so very much for you help and hard work :) :) :)
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

guitarded

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 03:26:29 am »
I just reinstalled the program, and now there are like 50 users waiting in queue to upload, many more than before the reinstall. Is this normal?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 04:35:21 am »
Do they actually start, imean go green or do they become yellow and then red, like mine did?
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

guitarded

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 12:02:32 pm »
Some will, but many will just sit there orange waiting in queue for me to start them up. I've just never seen than many users waiting to upload. Anyway, the program is working much better since the reinstall.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 01:37:17 pm »
Just to clarify the 'fake uploaders' a bit..this is a post made by me some months ago reguarding this activity.. its also important to note that at this time, I am unaware that this acitivity is happening now.

Quote from: Me Here
We have been monitoring search requests recently for strange activity and we are in a position to confirm that a new attack is being used against us, this consists of repeated calls for specific items that feature a spoofed return address and seems to be a failed way to cripple the network.

Obviously there is no way short of unsharing the target material or using a upload manager set to ignore anyone with out 1 file shared, currently to defeat them but they are having annoyance status impact rather than any serious damage, these attacks are followed up by repeated attempts to block the open slots of the target users who have responded to the search requests, logging shows up to 250 attempts per day from addresses that are so spread in IP ranges that they are also obviously secondaries connected through primaries.  They do have a signature we are able to trace if any effort is proposed to attempt to derail their work and this is that a whois will show the information of the slot blocker as having 0 files and anything up to a 100 running downloads an obviously stupid clue to anyone, and also they will show as being on the network no longer than 15 minutes, you can set your watch by them to leave on the dot of Online 15:00.  They will not que and will only be seen if you report to the network that you have available slots.  All upload attempts will timeout waiting for network connection on these also.

As with the flooding of fakes with an increase in the size of our network and user base, this problem will become less of an issue.  For now the best thing to do is be aware of the activity, understand it so that we dont allow them to obtain the goal of driving users away because of frustraition, and also again spread the word that WinMX is back and operational and NOT going anywhere any time soon  ..

So if you have any questions about this feel free to post them here, also just keep an eye out for unusally high upload timeouts especially if they seem to be for a few specific tracks or artists..
A few other threads relating to this:
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=1214.msg7079#msg7079
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=92.msg3917#msg3917
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=603.msg3634#msg3634

Hope this clears the questions about the uploaders..

kataina wolf

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 09:15:32 pm »
hi, i am a great fan of winmx, but  don't know much about it, all i know is for the last two days no-one can upload of me, they just time out.  i had to do a reinstall of winmx yesterday without requesting it myself. i can still down load though. can any one help me please? :(

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 10:33:15 pm »
Hi kataina wolf,

Can you tell me what changed two days ago?  Did you install a new patch, make any changes to the WinMX program?
Do you have a router, and had any power outages or anything?

wib714

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 10:25:37 pm »
I'm using 3.54 and just installed the latest patch, I have a connection but am not getting any search results or chat room listings nor can I download and everyone trying to upload from me just keeps timing out. any suggestions?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 10:28:06 pm »
Check your firewall rules & port forwarding ...
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

MargaretAnderson

answer
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 11:00:42 am »
I think we all get a little bit distracted from the main topicstarter's theme

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Upload - Download issues

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx