gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 11, 2024, 12:44:32 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Audio Help  |  Play Samples As They Download To Get Version You Want
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Play Samples As They Download To Get Version You Want  (Read 3865 times)

Offline tom_tagliente19

• Forum Member
Play Samples As They Download To Get Version You Want
« on: October 27, 2010, 08:11:40 pm »
I used to be able to listen to a song as it was downloading to see if it is the version I was seeking. Yet after five years, I cannot remember how to do this. Can anyone offer a tip so I can hear the song as it is downloaded? Thank you. - Tom :D

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Play Samples As They Download To Get Version You Want
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 09:42:51 pm »
IIRC right click the downloading file and select 'play' ... this works for mp3 only and assumes you use winamp as your music player.... other mp3 playback software will react differently....

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 12:19:00 am »
Windows Media Player will play it too...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 01:46:45 am »
Vlc is a great one for this.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline tom_tagliente19

• Forum Member
Using older computer now with WINDOWS ME
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 01:39:18 am »
Yet, when I download the WinMX 3.0 software, nothing happens and the yellow button keeps flashing. It won't go to solid green and I don't know why. I keep trying to use the patch kit to try and correct the issue, yet for whatever reason, it won't connect me either and it disappears from my computer when I click ENGLISH as the language to use for it. I was asked to go into CHAT where I could receive the help I need to get connected, yet my account says: To chat, you must be connected to OneNap server. Yet, since I am not, I cannot go in for help. So, please...HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Tom

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 01:45:14 am »
Tom, if I read right, you are using Windows ME...

I wont ask why, but even ME should be able to use the lastest version of WinMX, version 3.54b4
get it, pre-patched, from  https://patch.winmxconex.com

I just had a thought mebbe ur trying to use an older version, when there is no need...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 03:02:24 am »
the custom installer may not work right on the 9x series (which includes ME)

the original installer for 3.53 (3.54b4 didnt have an installer) is here; httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/WinMX/WinMx%20Releases/winmx353.exe

then go to  https://patch.winmxconex.com and download the oledlg.dll file to winmx's install directory (same directory winmx.exe is in)... usually c:\program files\winmx

ive not tested the community patch (the one used now) on 9x so YMMV...

Offline tom_tagliente19

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 05:12:30 am »
Silver Stripes, the WinMX 3.54 saved into its own folder. But, when I go to open the folder it's in to download the patch, the folder does not appear in my list of programs to open/save the patch in? I don't have money to buy a new computer, so I am using my old one. It doesn't have enough space to upgrade to Windows 7. So, until I am employed again I am stuck with this one rather than buying a new computer. Where do I go from here? I am never going to get this to connect it seems.

Also, the patch you suggest, is for connecting in local libraries. I am at my home. IS that going to make a difference?

Tom

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Audio Help  |  Play Samples As They Download To Get Version You Want

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx