gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 01:31:19 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Setting Available Filetypes & Search Parameters
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Setting Available Filetypes & Search Parameters  (Read 1987 times)

Offline bilvihur

• Forum Member
Setting Available Filetypes & Search Parameters
« on: November 26, 2010, 02:22:51 am »
My latest DVD ripper (Handbrake) generates .M4V filetypes, instead of .AVI. I see how to update the Library Available Filetypes so that they appear.  However, I don't see a way of updating the default video search parameters to include .M4V (or anything else). Can someone advise? Thanks.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Setting Available Filetypes & Search Parameters
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 03:07:53 am »
you cannot add them to the "Video" search extension list... that part is hardcoded.... for others to find your m4v files they will need to either browse you or search for 'Any File / Bitrate' ...

however you can add the filetype to the shared library so that the files can be accessable to others;

click 'settings' then 'library' a box of 'available filetypes' will show... click 'video' then click edit ... inside the parenthases add .m4v...

the line would then look like ' Video (.asf .avi .mpg .mpeg .m4v) ' and any folder shared with the type 'video' will have m4v files available.... you may need to 'refresh' or 'rebuild' the share if the folder with the files is already shared...

note: this is assuming you are using winmx 3.54b4

Offline bilvihur

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 12:34:31 pm »
Thanks for responding. I guess what I'm really asking is "How can I search for other users' M4V, etc. Video files?" I've already added them to my Library. Would it be acceptable to change their extensions to AVI so they can be found? And yes -3.54b4.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 03:55:35 pm »
m4v and avi are two completely different container formats... so renaming would cause quite a bit of confusion....

the only way to find them would be to search for those type of files using the ' any file / bitrate ' ... sorry :(

but when searching you can add m4v to one search boxes and what you are looking for in the other... this will add the string 'm4v' to the search...

Offline bilvihur

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 10:36:36 pm »
I'm noticing a lot of files with a double filetype (.mp4.avi) appended. Might this be a way of sharing mp4 and m4v videos without causing confusion?

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 01:22:55 am »
i must admit i do the same with .rar.mp3 ....but in these cases the file WILL play as mp3

a message in your browse with an explanation could help or even added to the file title (rename to..) but then again there will always be confused people in this universe  :scared: :crazy: :yes:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline bilvihur

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 12:15:29 pm »
I'll give that a try then. My KMPlayer doesn't have a problem with the change. Thanks.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 05:16:22 pm »
windows media player and standalone devices (set top boxen) are what i was most concerned about... things like VLC and mplayer will look at the file contents if the name doesnt match the type...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Setting Available Filetypes & Search Parameters

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx