gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 11, 2024, 12:49:31 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  download speed stable. upload unstable
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: download speed stable. upload unstable  (Read 7149 times)

Offline enigmatic

• Forum Member
download speed stable. upload unstable
« on: December 07, 2010, 12:50:55 pm »
my download is very good. it can reach my download capacity.

However, my uplink is bad. when I trade with someone, my download from him is stable. but uplink starts with a good speed. e.g 100k, then go down to
50k, finally(after 1 minutes) to 0 and disconnect with code 'upload timeout'.

I dont do any limitation on my UL speed. I want the answer ASAP because nobody would like to trade with me at more. :secret:

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Re: download speed stable. upload unstable
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 08:40:14 am »
That looks very much like your ISP applying a throttle. Have a word with your ISP.

Offline enigmatic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 02:38:57 pm »
My ISP told me there is no other similiar complains. I also suspect it's ISP reason but could anyone tell me how to get the proof

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 09:38:36 pm »
Go to other websites, like Microsoft.com or Majorgeeks.com, anywhere that has larger downloads, and try to run a download, any file bigger than 500mb.

Watch download speed and stability.

Then call your ISP and demand to know why they lie about not throttling
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 02:07:03 am »
Go to other websites, like Microsoft.com or Majorgeeks.com, anywhere that has larger downloads, and try to run a download, any file bigger than 500mb.

Watch download speed and stability.

Then call your ISP and demand to know why they lie about not throttling

He is not talking about DOWNloads and i don t think they ld throttle http Bluey but either way it can be quite hard to get microsoft to download from you (other than statistics etc)

You might want to go to speedtest.net and see what happens but even that will not detect throttle

Maybe a peek in your router log would tell you something more? worth a shot i guess

is there any other program running when this happens that could hyjack the uplad bandwith maybe? try shutting all other programs you can think off

I hope this helped a little, Greetings,
...Joshua203
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 02:10:13 am »
you might also want to do a google search for something like ... Your ISP's name and the word throttle

or see if they have a forum where others might have posted about the same problem?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 06:34:06 am »
It's like pulling teeth trying to get an ISP to admit what they do. It's normal for ISPs to throttle uploads rather than downloads. The pattern that you describe is typical of an ISP throttle.

Check out this list: http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs

Offline enigmatic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 11:51:38 am »
thank you all for your kind replies.

I observe that the uload to one user can not last more than 5 minutes.  My max total upload is 4. so if someone disconnected by ISP. someone else in the queue will start immediately. It means the ISP can not get any benefit because my averaging upload is somehow stable.

the pain point is I can not upload to specific user for a long time.. but downlaod works pretty well. This is really amazing feature.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 12:26:25 pm »
For an ISP it's not so much about benefit but just about limiting "suspicious traffic" like p2p activities etc

if i understand correct they did not say "we don t throttle" but gave you another answer (to a question you never asked) "we have no other complaints ... this is where it allready  starts to smell fishy  :yes:

the upside is that if they do throttle and you are sure enough ...they are breaking their promises and you would be free to break your contract too (at least in my country it s like that)

some may call it a feature (especially ISP's ..lol) you obviously don t, keep digging and you ll find the reason ..i'm sure

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 12:29:13 pm »
oooh and those 5 minutes may just be the time they need to analyze your new activity ;)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  download speed stable. upload unstable

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx